xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Switching Xboxes  (Read 100 times)

dave111223

• Archived User
Switching Xboxes
« on: September 01, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

Ok i had an Xbox with the following addons:

- Xbit chip
- Avalaunch dash
- 120gig HD (not using G partition)
- Xbox version 1.0
- iND bios

That xbox stopped working, just wouldnt turn on, i think it may have been a power surge, but the thing was really old anyways. So i bought a new one, and thankfully its the exact same model (1.0) So i figured just switch the modchip and HD to this one and everything should work fine.

After messing with the d0 pin for like an hour i manage to get my new XB to boot without an error... Now the weirdness begins.

It boots to the default MS xbox boot screen (blob and logo) but then loads my dash. It should show the iND bios screen not MS one.

But the modchip has to be hooked up correctly for the 120gig HD to work right?

Next problem, the F: partition does not work (it says "err 3" in the dash file manager and also gives an error when i try to FTP to it)

But all the apps and emulators on my E: partition still work fine....

Please someone give me some help :D

dave111223

• Archived User
Switching Xboxes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 05:39:00 AM »

Update:

I decided to pull the power supply out the new xbox and stick it into the old xbox (the one with the busted power supply) and i have extractly the same problems as with the new xbox, even though this old one used to run fine.

I've formatted/flashed the bios (with a range of different ones) a bunch of times.  I still always get the MS bios at boot.  But then loads into my avalaunch dash.

But i know the chip is connect correctly because if move, or disconnect the chip i get an error at boot.
Also the console plays backups fine...

Another odd thing is that when i switch the dip to sleath mode the light remains on.

Its as if my chip is stuck half in stealth mode or something, as it runs only the MS Bios but allows backups and the dash to run, but doesnt recognize the F: partition  grr.gif