xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing  (Read 115 times)

mrh217

• Archived User
Flashing
« on: August 29, 2005, 07:49:00 AM »

so for the life of me i can not get this chip to flash, i have 1.5v and followed all instructions, i have xecuter 2 bios 4983.67 and it just will not work, any help would be great

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Flashing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 11:40:00 PM »

Is your Xbox even recognizing the BIOS disc? Or does it see the BIOS on the disc, but decides not to flash it to the chip?

Ichijoe

• Archived User
Flashing
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 05:58:00 AM »

If your trying to flash the X.b.i.t via a 'BIOS CD'.... FORGET IT! That will never work! Owning a X-b.i.t v1.0 myself, (for Two Years now!), I think I know what I'm talking about. Allong with the Modchip proper you should have also recived a set of Black Wires and a set of Yellow Wires, with connectors on both ends. You must use these Wires to connect the Mochip proper with it's USBx.x / Dipswitch Daughterboard. After which you can use the USBx.x Cable (which you should've also received), to flash your Chip with the Software Here: http://www.dms3.com/cgi-bin/xbit/site.pl?page=downloads

Once you start that up you should see something like this: http://img349.** Pics Spammed From this Source **/img349/686/xbit2ue.jpg

You can now connect your Chip (or a completely rebuilded XBOX™) to the PC via a USBx.x and press the 'Connect Button'. At this point you should see a litup Green LED on the Daughterboard letting you know that the Chip is in its Ready Write State. Just press the the corrsponding Number 1~4 to adjust the amount (or size), of Banks you'll need. Then press the 'Format Button' to set the Bank Partitions.

Now your ready to choose a Sub Bank (or what DMS refers to simply as 'BIOS x'),. Let's assume for the moment you wanted to flash an Xecuter2 4980.67 Image onto your Chip. You could tick the Fouth Column (and then 'Format'), and then flash BIOS (Sub Bank 4, the One at the top of Bank 4 256Kb), with it.

If you should loose focus or decide to change the focus of your Screen it'll cause the Couter on the Flash Program to halt. Not to worry though, the flash is still gooing on and is working properly, you'll just have to wait till the Green LED on your Chip is relit. Letting you know that the process is over.

Ok back to the Dipswitches! Ok first off Switch Four should almost always be off. unless you want to boot the M$Dash and get on Live!™. But, if you wanted to use the Firmware you just installed you'd set the Switches like this:

1: On (up)
2: On (up)
3: Off (down)
4: Off (down) <- Up for XBL!™

That setting is valid for the Forth BIOS on Bank Four.

BTW: so far as I know the X-b.i.t is a Solderless Modchip for XBOX™ v1.0 to v1.5. v1.6 Owners will need to do some soldering!

This post has been edited by Ichijoe: Aug 31 2005, 01:02 PM