xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Just Wont Work :(  (Read 133 times)

x-largo

• Archived User
Xbit Just Wont Work :(
« on: July 15, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »

ok, this is what i've done so far... Loaded the evoX M8 1.6 bios on my X-B.I.T. I have a 1.6 xbox.. the LPC rebuild on the bottom side of the mainboard is din by soldering some wires. they all seem to work (tested with a volt meter) I've also soldered the wires from the xbit 1.6 adapter. they are all well in place.... beacause I wasnt sure if i have to switchthe green/brown wire of the adapter cable, I tried it both ways.. It is definitelly not working. the xbit is plugged in to the cdrom cable slot and the green light is on. I selected the right bios with the little switches... when i turn the box on, it is trying to start 3 times and then blinks red/green and there is no video signal.. waht else could be the problem

Aimless

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

did you check that the switches on the xbit external board were set to the right bios bank?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Aimless @ Jul 17 2005, 06:31 PM)
did you check that the switches on the xbit external board were set to the right bios bank?

I selected the right bios with the little switches

Does the xbox power on ok with the xbit removed (but the rebuild left intact)?

Does the bios verify after you flash it?

The Xbit is almost certainly the worst choice of chip for a 1.6 xbox - my reccomendation would be to buy a new one, as there is almost no support for 1.6 installs.

x-largo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

I didn't actually know that is was a 1.6 have been out of the business for quiet some time now ;). I'm gonna verify the bios, but i dont thinkt its that problem... I loaded all the baks full with 1.5 M8 bioses i found on the net. One of them must be right. I also turned of the silent switch. I think i really should get a better chip... what do you guys reccomend? Is there a solution without doing that stupid LPC rebuild on the bottom of the mobo?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(x-largo @ Jul 17 2005, 09:59 PM)
Is there a solution without doing that stupid LPC rebuild on the bottom of the mobo?

Unfortunately, no.