xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pogo Install -> Wire Install  (Read 127 times)

darkdude

• Archived User
Pogo Install -> Wire Install
« on: July 10, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »

I have an xbit 1.5 with a xbox 1.0.  I am finding it waay to hard to match the lpc and d0 :)

I have been reading that who have given up on the pogo install, ahve turned their pogo install into a wire install.  I read the doc at dms's site on the wire install, and I have two questions :

Can I just solder a generic wire (as long as it is thin enough) to the pogo pin itself and then direction onto the lpc port?  Or do I need to removethe solder from the lpc port on a 1.0?  I read the doc, and there seems to be 8 or 9 wires, should not be a prob, but just need to know if I need to remove the solder first from my 1.0 lpc or not and if I can solder a wire directly to the pogo pin to the lpc port(s).  

Also once everything is solder properly and the modchip works, since I will not be doing a pogo pin install, where/how to I place the modchip to lay it to rest?  do I tape it somewhere? (my screw hole is stripped)

mp4

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 12:39:00 AM »

No you dont have to remove the solder.  Just touch your soldering iron to the solder in the holes and slip the wire in.  As for the modchip, stick it on the metal shielding on the side of the case.  Xecuters come with a sticky pad for this, but any double sided tape would work.  It has to be low enough to be under the dvd drive though.

This post has been edited by mp4: Jul 11 2005, 07:39 AM

darkdude

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

wink.gif  Heat the *existing* solder and when melted stick the wire in....

Once I have the entire lpc connected to the xbit, before attempting to solder the D0 to the xbox, could I simply insert a thin wire into the D0 point, and then perhaps *just for testing* touch the modchip where the d0 should be connected and turn the xbox on?  I just want to test the whole thing before soldering the d0.  the d0 is the most fragile part of the entire process and if I can simply insert a thin wire and 'manually' touch the modchip where the d0 should be soldered to prove that it works,only then will I attempt to solder the D0 permanently.

Can I do this?