xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Pin Header Install Question On V1.0 Xbox  (Read 139 times)

nancito

• Archived User
Xbit Pin Header Install Question On V1.0 Xbox
« on: July 10, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

I recently purchased a xbit v1.5 chip from modchipman.com to install in a v1.0 xbox.  They failed to include the new screw and spacer with the xbit.  It seems that one of the pogo pins broke, so I am guessing that the next easiest step is going to be the pin header install.  I have already removed the solder from the LPC area, so that is good to go.  My question is, is there a part that goes into the lpc section on the motherboard before inserting the pins from the xbit into it or is it just the pins from the xbit that go directly into the lpc?  If they go in directly, do you solder them from the bottom side?  I am unsure if they forgot to include the pin header or if the pin header is considered the part attached to the xbit.  Thanks in advance for the help.

This post has been edited by nancito: Jul 10 2005, 06:27 PM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

You need to buy a female pinheader and solder that into the LPC holes to do a pinheader with an xbit. Have a look in radioshack for one.

nancito

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

Thanks for the input - do you know if there is a part number for it off the top of your head?  If not, will I just need to get a female adapter with the correct number of pin holes available?  The question seems dumb, but I am asking if there are different pin spacings or sizes besides simply the number of pins.

Thanks!