xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "switch Softmod On/off" On Unmodded Xbox  (Read 141 times)

kronyk420

• Archived User
"switch Softmod On/off" On Unmodded Xbox
« on: May 14, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »

Probably the quickest way to find out if it is modded is to FTP in when the Splinter Cell Exploit is running.  Use SID or something that will give you FTP access and examine the contents of C:\.   You should be able to tell right away!  Hope this helps, its worked for me. smile.gif

As for transferring the dash files if you need to restore them from another box the easiest way is to network the two Xboxes with your PC and use FlashFXP on the PC to control the transfer between boxes.  Both Xboxes need to be running XBMC, but after it is setup you can FXP between boxes at lightning speed.  I can transfer the entire contents of my modded C: drive in less than 3 minutes.

krayzie

• Archived User
"switch Softmod On/off" On Unmodded Xbox
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(tehriaz @ May 15 2007, 01:00 AM) View Post

so I boot up this guy's virgin xbox and copy the splinter cell save and linux installer from my mu to his hard drive.  I load up the game, everything's fine, and then I get to the installer, and it reads "switch softmod on/off" instead of "install softmod."

I know this guy's box has never been touched.  I've gone ahead with stuff before on a "broken" xbox I bought off a guy for $10, and it was a lengthy process to restore it, requiring transferring of files from my xbox to fix the dash.

so there's GOT to be an easier way to go about doing this...

anyone else had this problem?  google isn't helping much.

It's simple. use a save that has not been used before on another xbox.