xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: ***actionreplay & Usb Drive & Krazies Ndure***  (Read 256 times)

Joshatdot

• Archived User
***actionreplay & Usb Drive & Krazies Ndure***
« on: January 16, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »

I made this tut awhile ago and hosted it on my webspace, but I decided I should make a X-S post of it too, enjoy.

Krazie’s NDURE 1.1 Softmod
with Action Replay
and a USB Flash Drive

Make yourself a XBox to USB adapter, or Google-Froogle for one and buy one. I had a Mad Catz Universal SharkBoard, it came with a XBox MemCard Slot to USB Adapter, and it works perfectly.

IPB Image

Turn on the XBox with no disc, plugin the USB adapter, and plugin the USB Flash Drive you want to use. You can check to see if the Flash Drive is compatible here, Xbox USB Compatibility List.

Goto Memory, and you should see this:

IPB Image

Now the USB Flash Drive is formatted, and you can see its size in the Memory menu:

IPB Image

My US Modular QuickDrive USB 2.0 Flash Drive 64MB formatted to 3998 blocks.

Now you need to download and install Action Replay for XBox PC Software and USBVIEW

Once Action Replay for Xbox is installed, launch it, and then minimize it. Connect your xbox formatted USB Drive into the computer.

Now launch USBVIEW, you should see a bunch of stuff, but look for USB Mass Storage Device, and click on it you should see something like this:

IPB Image
My device is 0x457 & 0x0151

On the right side of the window, write  down the idVentor & idProduct numbers.

Now goto where you installed Action Replay, usually “C:\Program Files\Datel\Action Replay XBOX”. In that folder is a sub folder called Drivers, go there and open XBREADER.INF in Notepad.

In the [_Devices_] part make a new entry with the VID & PID numbers you got from USBVIEW:

IPB Image
My device's VID & PID are 0457 & 0151

Now open up Device Manager, goto Control Panel, open System, click the Hardware tab, then click the Device Manager button.

In Device Manager, open up the Universal Serial Bus controllers, Right Click on USB Mass Storage Device, and select Update Driver.

IPB Image

Then select Install from Specific Location (Advanced), click Next.

IPB Image

Select Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install., click Next.

IPB Image

Select MaxDrive Xbox, click Next.

IPB Image

After driver is installed, click Finish, close: Device Manager, System Properties and Control Panel.

Part II in next post (X-S limits 10 pix per post?)

Part II

Un-minimize Action Replay for Xbox, and you should see on the left side the MEMORY CARD displays memcard, and the AR in the middle of the program is Green:

IPB Image

Now you need to get the gamesave exploits from "usual places", guide here.

I use Krazie's NDURE 1.1 Softmod installer, they can be found in the "usual places" in exploits, _Packages, Krayzie Ndure Installer.

Pick the one that matches the game you are going to use, 007 Agent Under Fire, MechAssult or Splinter Cell. I would recommend Splinter Cell, cause any version of that disc can be used. All copies of 007 AUF that are NOT Platinum Edition will work. MechAssult is a bit of an odd duck, you need a Disc with part number X08-82261, X08-82262 or X08-82264.

IPB Image

Once you have downloaded the Gamesave, unzip it, there should be a sub folder called xxx save, (xxx would be 007 save, MA save, or SC save1 & SC save2)

**NOTE** There are two Splinter Cell gamesave exploits, one for NTSC and the other for PAL, make sure you download the correct one. Each one of those gamesaves have two UDATA.ZIP files, one is SC save1 and SC save2.

In the Save folder there is a UDATA.ZIP file, drag and drop that ZIP file to the Action Replay window, into the MEMORY CARD side. The transfer process could be slow, so just wait =)

After the gamesave is transferred it should something look like this: (I transferred the UDATA.ZIP’s for all 3 games)

IPB Image

Now you can stick that USB flash drive back into the Xbox, and copy them to your Hard Drive!

Then once they are copied to the HDD, boot the Game you are goind to exploit with, and load the save!

**ATTENTION**
The 007 AUF version needs to be loaded a certain way in order to get the save working otherwise it will just boot to a black screen. When you get to the load game screen DO NOT select load game but start a New one. Then when you reached the actual game (after the cutscene), hit the Start Button and select Quit Game. Then go back to the Main Menu, Load Game screen and this time select "Load Game".

2006-11-11
X-S: Joshatdot

cobra1713

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 05:51:00 PM »

AWESOME TUTORIAL!!! great job man i was looking for this exact tutorial and it is very easy to follow.  first time soft mod and you walked me through perfectly...only one question for the splintercell softmod do you use ntsc or pal?

thanks
~cobra1713~

cobra1713

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

sorry i figured out the ntsc thing now my problem is i got the two files onto my harddrive but when i go to load it in splintercell it freezes when i go to checkpoints to load...anyhelp? thanks

Joshatdot

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(cobra1713 @ Jan 16 2007, 05:26 PM) View Post
sorry i figured out the ntsc thing now my problem is i got the two files onto my harddrive but when i go to load it in splintercell it freezes when i go to checkpoints to load...anyhelp? thanks

All other Splinter Cell games need to be deleted, there should only be LINUX_PROFILE.  Also what brand of memcard are you using? or are you using a USB Drive?

GeneralBananas

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »

Hey I tried this and it didn't work for me. AR didn't recognize it but i can put game saves on it from my xbox. I have a Transcend USB drive and a xbox v1.6. Got any ideas?

Joshatdot

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 01:56:00 AM »

did you find your USB's VID's & PID's .. and enter them in the

C:\Program Files\Datel\Action Replay XBOX\Drivers\xbreader.inf

file .. and update the USB mass storage device driver in device manager correctly?

you can try Xplorer360 beta5 , I could not get that to work correctly on my computer, but I think it was because my 64mb usb was bad, i'll have to try again with a new usb drive.

If you are going to try the Xplorer360, you have to uninstall the MaxDrive drivers and reinstall the usb mass storage drive drivers.

After MaxDrive is uninstalled, plug in a FAT/FAT32 formated usb drive.  In device manager, usb mass storage device might have a yellow ! on it, just update the driver (not with the max drive driver)

I just got a Sony Micro Vault Tiny 256mb, and it worked perfectly in my xbox & AR software & on my Dell with Xplorer360 beta5

With Xplorer360 beta5 you drag and drop the UDATA 4541000d type folders to partition 0

This post has been edited by Joshatdot: Jan 25 2007, 10:06 AM

GeneralBananas

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »

Tanks man worked perfectly with xplorer360

GeneralBananas

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »

Alright so i successfully installed it but i copied NHL 07 and then I tried to copy Greg Hastings MaxD but it would start the game up after i finished reading like the 3rd file. Any Ideas again?

Joshatdot

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(GeneralBananas @ Jan 25 2007, 12:17 PM) View Post
Tanks man worked perfectly with xplorer360

I think i'll make another tut with Xplorer360..its so much EZ'er to setup.

no clue about the NHL 07 & MaxD, sorry.

GeneralBananas

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »

I was wondering also if i need to keep the splinter cell profile and Linux installer on my xbox now that I've installed Unleash X?

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »

Added to the tutorial sticky!

I could never find a tutorial detailing this here...

This post has been edited by deadparrot: Jan 27 2007, 11:48 PM

Joshatdot

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 02:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(GeneralBananas @ Jan 26 2007, 07:55 AM) View Post
I was wondering also if i need to keep the splinter cell profile and Linux installer on my xbox now that I've installed Unleash X?

I would keep it, cause you can always load that gamesave if anything goes wrong.

Thanks for adding to the sticky, hopefully people will find this helpful & useful.

Joshatdot

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »

jester.gif

PS2turndXboxFREAK

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joshatdot @ Jan 26 2007, 03:19 AM) *

I think i'll make another tut with Xplorer360..its so much EZ'er to setup.

no clue about the NHL 07 & MaxD, sorry.

YES YES!!! PLEASE DO.....also is this better Dash to use then XBMC or NOT? I had some issues but cerealkillaj helped me fix those and a (BIG PROPS 4 THAT) so now I have the soft mod installed and now I want to change from EvoX to something more of a media center so I can access Inet etc......

Any help would recieve a HUNDRED THANK YOU's!!!!!

Racer_911

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 04:23:00 AM »

hi.

tough i follow PART I sucessfully and turn my usb stick into a mem card, my AR wont recognize it, neither AR has any savegame.
Pages: [1] 2