xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 1.0 And Xbit 1.5 Solderless Question  (Read 223 times)

FriggenA

• Archived User
Xbox 1.0 And Xbit 1.5 Solderless Question
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »

I got the chip installed on my xbox. the light on the dip-switch board is green. When ever I boot it though, it just loads the MS dashboard. I have the SLayer EvoX disc, but I can't get it to load. Any advice?

FriggenA

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »

update, after a little cursing and almost throwing the xbox out the second story window. I have got it so my xbox will do the green green red thing. don't know if thats any better...

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »

Flash the chip dry.gif

FriggenA

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

I can't get any of the xbit flash software to do a damn thing. and of course I have windows xp sad.gif Any suggestions? right now I am stuck

FriggenA

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »

good thing I kept my Dell laptop... pentium 166 with windows 98. its a freakin beast. last question... hopefully, what is a good bios to use and where can I get it

FriggenA

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »

Alright I got it working... finally. here's what I had to do. I used kenmasters 10 ez step guide to flashing the bios. I loaded the xecuter 3.01 flashbios on one bank, and the EvoX M8 on a different bank. I then booted the xbox with the xecuter flash bios, and chose unlock HD. then I shut off the xbox and started it on the m8 bios. I turned the xbox on with the eject button though, so it started with the tray out. Once the MS dashboard loaded I put in my SLayer EvoX 2.5 disk, and all is well now.

However, I will never buy an xbit chip again. D.M.S. should be disgraced to have their name on such a piece of s**t mod chip. my advice is to pay the extra $$$ for an executer chip. And Remember... F**K X-B.I.T.

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(FriggenA @ Apr 22 2005, 01:10 AM)
Alright I got it working... finally. here's what I had to do. I used kenmasters 10 ez step guide to flashing the bios. I loaded the xecuter 3.01 flashbios on one bank, and the EvoX M8 on a different bank. I then booted the xbox with the xecuter flash bios, and chose unlock HD. then I shut off the xbox and started it on the m8 bios. I turned the xbox on with the eject button though, so it started with the tray out. Once the MS dashboard loaded I put in my SLayer EvoX 2.5 disk, and all is well now.

However, I will never buy an xbit chip again. D.M.S. should be disgraced to have their name on such a piece of s**t mod chip. my advice is to pay the extra $$$ for an executer chip. And Remember... F**K X-B.I.T.

Well thats some great advice, but I would say go for a Xenium over an X3.  smile.gif