xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Stealth mode causing frags?  (Read 432 times)

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Stealth mode causing frags?
« on: March 01, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »

Solution to the xbit 1.5 non-working stealth mode:

Ok, I have heard so much about these 1.5 xbit chips that a lot of people cant seem to disable. This is not because of a bad install, but because there is a fault in the chips design ( I think).

Anyway, the easiest way to get around this problem is to take advantage of the xbits large flash memory.

The way xbox live works is by checking which bios the xbox boots with. At this date, they are not checking where the bios has been booted from, so we can use this fact to trick xbox-live into believing that we don’t have a modchip installed.

First, you need to find out which version your stock bios is:

This can be found by looking under the xbox dashboards ‘information’ option, and reading after the legal text.

The kernal versions are as follow:

There are 9 kernel/bios versions of XBOX.
xbox v1.0 : 3944 (usa only) , 4034 , 4036 , 4627
xbox v1.1 : 4817, 4972
xbox v1.2-1.5 :5101, 5713
xbox v1.6 : 5838

Note that if there is no kernal version written then you have a 3944 (thanks to Xantium's faq) - http://forums.xbox-s...?showtopic=8980

Then it is simple: you obtain a copy of the retail bios to fit your machine (either from the usual places, or you can use the ‘backup’ option in evox to save the bios to the hard drive), and flash it to any free bank on your xbit.

Then whenever you want to ‘disable’ your chip, simply boot the retail bios from that bank, and play  tongue.gif

tgeorgo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

is this true?

has anyone tested yet?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(tgeorgo @ Mar 7 2005, 03:19 PM)
is this true?

has anyone tested yet?

Of course its true.. why would i be lying  <_<

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=361719

tgeorgo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

sorry for the luck of trust...anyway here in Greece with no broadband or xbox live all these forums are like knowledge for future needs!!!! ;)

by the way, the link under the kernel info is correct, isn't it? cause i only get how to fix the dvd2xbox if it doesn't regognize the f drive!!! :evil:

This post has been edited by tgeorgo: Mar 8 2005, 09:35 PM

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 04:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(tgeorgo @ Mar 8 2005, 07:32 PM)
sorry for the luck of trust...anyway here in Greece with no broadband or xbox live all these forums are like knowledge for future needs!!!! ;)

by the way, the link under the kernel info is correct, isn't it? cause i only get how to fix the dvd2xbox if it doesn't regognize the f drive!!! :evil:

lol yeh i must have pasted in the wrong link :angry: . The correct one is here: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=8980

;)

ffiarpg

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 07:17:00 PM »

will this work for xbox live?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(ffiarpg @ Apr 6 2005, 12:16 AM)
will this work for xbox live?

YES

dirtyone

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »

i was using this method but today my xbox got blocked from xbox live it was flagged as a modified xbox  the hard drive was never unlocked  thank god my gamertag is still ok though. i wonder if there is a way to remove the block

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »

You will need a new eeprom and a new hard drive. When you first sign on to live, the system pairs you eeprom and hard drive, if that combination changes (eg, if you upgraded your hard drive) then it will get you banned.

I cant see how you could hav got banned though, this method has been used for the past year by all the 1.6 xbox+Xenium owners. sad.gif

dirtyone

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 02:11:00 PM »

I can't see how i was banned either, because i was using my orginal hdd( that had never been unlocked.) and my orginal bios. it worked fine for two days  :D  then on the third day i got the error message that  says that the xbox could not connect to xbox live becuase i had modified the hardware or software. <_<  :evil:    

maybe live checked for some software on my hard drive that was not supposed to be there  ;)

one other note is that this is a 1.0 xbox with the seagate 10g harddrive preordered in 2001. im going out this afternoon to buy a new xbox, because i knew i was taking a risk by putting my old modified one on live

iamalloy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 02:54:00 AM »

does this mean that i have to flash bios every time i switch from going to Live or playing games on HDD?

Other question, my code is:
K:1.00.4979.06
D:1.00.4920.01

what version of msdash should I get?

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 03:16:00 AM »

No, you dont have to reflash your bios each time, once youv flashed it once it stays in that bank so all you have to do is switch to that bank whenever you want to boot the MS bios.

For the dash, just get a new live enabled game and run the live update to install the latest version.

Jodda

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

ok i did what you said i backed up the ms bios from evox, ftped my xbox looked in c:\backup and there was a file called bios the size was 1mb and a file called disk which is 512k.

which one do i use and how do i know wether its the right bios

i have a v1.0 xbox

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

The bios you want is the 1meg one - the version 1.0 xbox has a 1meg bios. You kno it is the correct one because it is the one dumped directly from the TSOP chip in your xbox. smile.gif

Jodda

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »

dose it matter what bank i put it on
Pages: [1] 2