xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can You Use Somthing Like Norton Ghost To Clone A Hard Drive?  (Read 306 times)

ascentuk

• Archived User
Can You Use Somthing Like Norton Ghost To Clone A Hard Drive?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(ascentuk @ Jul 15 2009, 01:15 AM) *

on im gonna lose the controler and just use the pcb , make it as small as i can and fit 2 usb ports and an atari/amiga joystick port in a small project box (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ive had a rethink on this little project

im gonna leave the pcb in the case and im going to leave the memory card slots intact

i will remove the sholder buttons and the analog cotroles but leave the buttons and the dpad

i will then add into the case 1 usb port 1 atari/amiga joystick port and 2 ps2 connectors for pc keyboard and mouse

the reason i lose one of the usb ports is down to the ps2 connectors , i have a small adaptor from ps2 to usb makes ps2 keyboard and mouse react like a usb hid compliment device althought i have to test that the xbox will pick this up first

i will make a full tut if it works out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

ascentuk

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ Jul 14 2009, 02:50 PM) View Post

I suppose there is no harm in trying this , the worst case scenario is a door stop  tongue.gif

tried again with my stock drive , and now that is working fine as well smile.gif

dunno what i did wrong the first time , was probably a bad idea doing it at 4am lol

thanks again for all your help smile.gif

cssyti

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »

I have 2 orignal xbox systems, one is moded and i want to copy the hard drive to make the other hard drive moded as well. When I try to do this i get no valid source error when i type ghost /ir.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »

You can't mod an Xbox like that. You need to hotswap and use xboxhdm, or use a gamesave to softmod the second Xbox.

cssyti

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 11:19:00 AM »

Ok I am confused, I am not good with terms.

My brother took my xbox one day and when he brought it back he said a friend of his modded it. All I know is that when I turn it on I can choose from 6 different emulators (sega, super nintendo, etc) and hundreds of games would show up under each emu.

Now I have a friend that wants the samething on his, can't I just use ghost to copy my hard drive?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »

No. I explained what you need to do in my previous post. Asking the same question again using different words doesn't get you a different answer.

cssyti

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »

How is what I want to do different from the post above cloning xbox hard drive?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »

You want a disk that will work in another Xbox. Softmod Xbox disks are locked using a unique key contained in an eeprom on the motherboard that ties the disk to the motherboard. Cloning creates another disk that will work in an Xbox, but doesnt lock the disk.

His existing disk and yours are both locked with different keys. To put the softmod on his existing disk you would have to hotswap his disk and yours to temporarily unlock them before cloning. Alternatively you could use your eeprom to unlock your hard disk with xboxhdm, and grab the eeprom contents from his motherboard and use xboxhdm to unlock his disk. To get the eeprom from his Xbox you need to fit a chip, or softmod the Xbox, or build an eeprom reader.

You should really head over to the newbie section, as you seem to have done very little reading about any of this.
Pages: 1 [2]