xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbit Install - Step By Step  (Read 247 times)

Azmoody

• Archived User
Xbit Install - Step By Step
« on: December 18, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

I am looking for step by step instructions on installing an XBIT v1.5 on a v1.6 XBOX. I have read a bunch of the posts but thought it best to ask for this.

I have the chip as well as the adapter. I have done a bunch of v1.0 to v1.5 with no issues. I have 3 XBOXs that I am doing for friends and family for XMas and would like to get them done.

Can anybody help??????

hkeyplay16

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

My advice is to get an xecuter lite.  they are MUCH easier to install and you can flash them via software.  They also have much better documentation all over the internet.  I've never gotten a bad chip and I've done 50+ installs.  I'm just on here because a guy bought one and asked me to install it for him...I can't even get the damn thing to flash using the XBIT software.  it's an XBIT 1.5 with a 1.3 xbox.

~Buddha~

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

hkeyplay16... can you help me flashing the xbit please.. I don't understand the programs... I have xecuter lite... but how the hell do you use it?? and the xbit format software... I followed the tutorial, but I don't get the erase window when i format it to erase the 2mb or some like that.. please help!!!