xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox 1.6  (Read 529 times)

AcidQ

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »

Do you get any error messages when you try to connect?? What does your PC find when you plug the xbit in??

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

The PC recognizes the chip.  Found new hardware, and it is ready to use...

When using the new software nothing happens at all.  It just sits there no matter how many times I press connect.  So really with the new software this is not error.

Using the old software, I get the ready status error.

Both my main machine and laptop give me the same results.

Are you running XP SP2?

Justin_Case

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (D_Sanchez @ Dec 8 2004, 08:51 AM)
I tried both the new and the old software.  Nothing works.  I even tried the other versions.  

I did find something odd though.  When dip switch four is up (ON position) the green light will not come on.  At first I thought the chip was fried, but I played around with the dip switches, plugged it back in and it turned back on.  The problem is totally repeatable.

I thought that the chip would flash independent of the dip settings.

On the other hand it really does not matter since I cannot flash it anyhow I do it.  I tried my desktop and lapper.  Both run XP though.  I should probably try it on a machine running 2000.

you cant connect to the chip with a logitech or M$ USB mouse plugged in, unplug yer usb mouse and it will work

mnsherick

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

Ok I'm new to the BB but I've been searching the web for days now, and finally came up with some answers. Beware this is a long message but if you read it you might just figure out the answer to a few frustrating questions.

Alas, I have my first 1.6 install in front of me, I've done 3 x 1.1's and 1 x 1.2 and they all cam out flawlessly with the exception of a few blues over trying to position that dang d0.

All my previous installs were XBIT 1.0 so I got a 1.5 this time, and found out after many a search and headache found out you need the 1.0 software for the 1.0 chip, and the 1.5 software for the 1.5 chip.

All that being said I went to the trusty #XBINS and got the newest 1.5 flasher for windows XP.

Doesn't work just sits there, so went and got the 2000, ME, and 98 flash ulits. Keep in mind that I didn't try removing my mouse on the SP2 machine, didn't know that might be a factor.

Next I looked for a windows XP machine without SP2, no luck gets an error.

Then I got a SP1 machine, no luck that also got an error.

Found a trusty WIN2K machine, no luck again just sits there.

Finally after much hard work and calling everyone I know with a computer, I found a WIN98 machine, got an error but this time it says I'm missing a file, so I went to google and found the file, boot it up again, missing another file, found out it's a VB6 runtime file, so I downloaded the VB6 and installed it, still got the same error, so I found that file on the internet, and I downloaded in to the windows/system directory.

FINALLY, flashed my chip with no errors, and quite a bit faster than the older 1.0 chip.

So I did the LPC rebuild according to the Xenium 'Bottom side' rebuild, so I got that done, and I tried attatching a wire to the new d0 and it wouldn't work so after many hours of hot solder and cursing, I decided to got bottom side for the d0, found it and ran the wire to the top, and connected it to the top of the d0 poking pin, insulated the pins on the bottom and installed the chip 'solderless' style, everything should work right??...Wrong, now I'm getting a boot green light for 1 second, then boot green light for 1 second, then boot flashing green and red.

So my question is;

Is there anyone out there with a diagram that I can follow for installing the 1.5 chip without a LPC rebuild board, and which direction does it install, also, do I need the CD-ROM connector with the hard solder method. Anything will help at this point. Thanks.

-Matt

D_Sanchez

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

tried removing the mouse and keyboard on the main machine and still nothing.  I am now on the quest for someone who has a win98 machine.  Geesh, what good an external flash adapter is if I don't even have a computer that it will run with.

There must be another solution.

Nickokick

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »

I've got a xbox v1.6 and x-bit v1.5 with the 1.6 adapter. Can't make it work.

This dosent work for me:

Method 1) First I soldered the new adapter cable (the nine wires) to the LPC just like the adapter diagram on the DMS site. After that I did the LPC rebuild on the bottom side of the mobo, I followed the rebuild diagram from DMS. Boots 2 times, third time flashes red/green. (But I can turn off the chip and boot the original bios.)

Method 2) I changed the LPC rebuild to match the Xodus LPC Rebuild and connected a wire from the lframe on the motherboard to T2 on the x-bit chip. I left the adapter solder I did in method 1. Still flashes red/green. And I can't turn of the chip now because of this new lframe solder.

For both of these methods I tried various banks for the m8_16 bios but no matter what I do, I cant make it load, nobody can it seems. Looks like this chip dosent work on xbox 1.6, even tho they released the 1.6 adapter for it.

I have no clue of what to do now, and the DMS team are hiding, the x-bit forum isnt up yet (the link still says "soon" after a year) and there is no email address to send them questions.

If you plan to go and buy an x-bit, DONT!

Corban

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

I had all these problems fixed it by swapping pins two and three on th etop of the board, (green and Brown)  All works fine now.

Yes I did wire it correctly according to the DMS web site.  I think the wire out of the 1.6 converter is wired wrong on some modules.
If that works post that it worked!  I used everything else from the DMS site, the LPC rebuild etc.

I still cant get the damn flasher to work on XP though, I have to run it on my 2000 machine

mnsherick

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »

Crazy stuff.

Ok so I got fed up with the 1.6 and went to gamestop and sold it to a customer waiting to buy a 'refurbished' unit, for $80 and then went to a local pawn shop and bought a 1.0 xbox for $90 I'm out $10 and a S-controler (Pawn shop gave me a big nasty old controler)

Now I've got it all installed 'solderless mode, and it boots fine, no more 3 boots of death.

Only thing is it acts like the chip isn't flashed or the d0 is not spiked, weird stuff, guess I'll take the XBIT out of my other XBOX and put it in the 1.0 to make sure that the d0 is spiked and that the chip is not flashing correctly.

I've tried re-flashing this thing like 5 different ways, and it's not working, so I'm guessing that the 1.5 util is jacked, I had to drag out my PS/2 mouse to get the 1.5 flasher to work, what a pain in the ass.

BTW 1.5 will work under XP PRO SP2 as long as there are no other USB devices I think I'm using the 2.0 front on my PC.

Try getting the flasher from the DMS site rather than the #Xbins seems there flasher is broken.

-Matt

mnsherick

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

Ok so I put that 1.0 chip in the XBOX that I was trying to install the 1.5 in and it works perfect.

So I must be seating the 1.5 correctly but just not be getting a good flash, weird!

Seems that the 1.5 software is lying to me and saying everything is fine when in fact it's doing nothing or the 1.5 chip is damaged.

-Matt

Avalon111

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 02:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (D_Sanchez @ Dec 8 2004, 08:51 AM)
I tried both the new and the old software.  Nothing works.  I even tried the other versions.  

I did find something odd though.  When dip switch four is up (ON position) the green light will not come on.  At first I thought the chip was fried, but I played around with the dip switches, plugged it back in and it turned back on.  The problem is totally repeatable.

I thought that the chip would flash independent of the dip settings.

On the other hand it really does not matter since I cannot flash it anyhow I do it.  I tried my desktop and lapper.  Both run XP though.  I should probably try it on a machine running 2000.

i found out that if you dindt connect the xbit chip right your pc wont find the USB device

zeroburn

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Corban @ Dec 13 2004, 09:25 PM)
I had all these problems fixed it by swapping pins two and three on th etop of the board, (green and Brown)  All works fine now.

masterk

• Archived User
Xbox 1.6
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2005, 04:57:00 AM »

any1 with a solution?
I can't get it working.
Isn't there some kind of tutorial or something?
Pages: 1 [2]