xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing  (Read 278 times)

jigdagod

• Archived User
Flashing
« on: October 05, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »

Okay here's my problem, I've been working with the X-B.I.T modchip for 2 days now.  Am I doing something wrong.  I need help seriously.

First off I tried to flash the bios without installing the modchip and it could connect to the X-B.I.T software so I gave up for a couple of hours to cool off and then I tried to put it in the xbox and do it like that and it still wouldn't work.  Finally after I turned on the xbox and connect the usb to the pc it let me connect to the X-B.I.T software. I flashed almost every bios on the software like 3 times each and nothing seems to work for me, I didn't try the 1mb though or 2mb i don't have any that size for one.  I've been working with this problem for awhile now.  How do I know if I am running the M7 Bios instead of the original.  I wiggled the chip around and everything.  Is there any other way  i can flash this bios without using that software.  If someone could help me.  Thanks.  My e-mail address is [email protected].  I'll probably be on here all night so e-mail me if you can help or if you have any suggestions.  thanks

Another question. When you connect the usb to the pc what drivers come up for ya'll  I get something called the Human Interface Device. is that the correct one.  when i do it with it out of the xbox i get unknown device and doesn't work at all.

I'm using Windows Xp also.

rahula

• Archived User
Flashing
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

I use Win XP also and flashing isn't problem at all. I don't have problem connecting to my USB. Fitst time it only show human interface/external plug in device found message and later can connect without any problem. I learned the following when flashing bios.
1) only format the bank that you intend to flash bios
2) select the bio 1 first flash then bios 2 then flash. then disconnect. During flashing don't do anything on your PC or flashing will hault. I use x2bm to make 1 MB bios and use bank 2 to 5. The trick is once you disconnect the chip, the chip will remember the bank that you flashed last. So the last flashed bank is defaut once you disconnect the usb.You can check that by disconnecting and connecting again to see which banks high lighted. You can verify the bios you flashed by verify buttom. You can see what bios on the chip by either on Evox screen or the dip switch setting. Switch 4 is disable/enable switch. only switch 1 to 3 is used for selecting different bios. As previous post I wasn't successful flashing with EVox nor using HDD loading and saving games. It somehow shows write protect or flash not writable warning although I took off write protect seal when flashing and eject trick not supported on HDD game copying.

jigdagod

• Archived User
Flashing
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 02:22:00 AM »

Rahula thanks, I'll have to try all that when I get home from work.  Last night I just gave up because I was frustrated.  Also, how will I know if I'm on the XDO or whatever it is called spot.  I mean my green light is on, on the programmer but when I select my different bioses it still won't boot any of them, I know I flashed it correctly, I even verified it and it still doesn't work.  I thought maybe I burnt the chip out or something.  I don't know. Thanks for the advice Rahula