xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Mod  (Read 486 times)

TDog

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« on: December 17, 2002, 11:21:00 AM »

Thanks for the info on the Matrix and TSOP.
Some people recommended not to flash the TSOP. Why?

And where can i get my hands on the Evox_Matrix_TSOP_flash.zip? I already modded my xbox with the matrix using Exox D.6. Works great.

Am i correct in saying that after i flash the TSOP, i will no longer need a mos chip at all??

Thanks again..

TDoG                                    

WiKKiD

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 11:48:00 AM »

You will no longer need a mod chip, you will no longer be able to reflash conveniently, and you will never see the light of xblive... Oh, and if ms ever decides to hash the tsop to see what's on it as a form of verification, you're fucked.

iam

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 11:53:00 AM »

WiKKid is right. Stay away from flashing the TSOP.

You already have a mod chip installed, why would you want to remove it and use a Flashed TSOP ?                                    

knowledgeiv

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 12:14:00 PM »

The main reasons I see not to flash to TSOP are
-you will have to leave the modchip in if you screw the TSOP flash
-you can't go live (if you care about that sort of thing)
-who knows what M$ will do in the future to try to stop modders

Check out my TSOP flash tutorial to see what you are getting into
http://www.geocities.com/knowledgeiv/flash.htm

Another thing, this only works on v1.0 Xbox                                    

TDog

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 01:13:00 PM »

Can i still replace my hard drive with the matrix chip in?                                    

nfmus

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »

No.  Unfortunately the Matrix, and most other mod chips, are able to detect an attempted hard drive swap and will then transform your Xbox into a nuclear warhead.  Let me tell you that the after effects are not pretty.                                    

knowledgeiv

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (TDog @ Dec 17 2002, 08:06 PM)
Can i still replace my hard drive with the matrix chip in?

Yes, you can replace the hard drive with the Matrix or with the TSOP flash, since being able to do this depends on what BIOS you use, not the modchip.                                    

obiwan

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2002, 04:11:00 PM »

The main reasons I see not to flash to TSOP are
-you will have to leave the modchip in if you screw the TSOP flash
-you can't go live (if you care about that sort of thing)
-who knows what M$ will do in the future to try to stop modders

I want to add to this.

If you use the TSOP selection jumpers (4x256k banks) you can do all of the above

My setup is like this

MatriX flashed Tsop with:
1x 256k ORIGINAL BIOS (this is important)
and 3x256k other bioses... soesnt matter what you use

I can switch between all 4 bioses from the external jumpers I have on the Xbox, (find tutorial on how to do this on xbox-scene.com)

This way you can switch to the original bios and do the following:

- Recover a bad flash of TSOP (when flipping to the orignal bios and botting from Matrix with special bios) and reflashing the whole tsop after you turn off all the switches of the TSOP so you can write to it again.

- Play on XBOX LIVE without mod detection (since you will use the original BIOS)

So There is a way to get it all out of the TSOP when you want to do it                                    

xbox_freak!!

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2002, 06:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (nfmus @ Dec 17 2002, 05:50 PM)
No.  Unfortunately the Matrix, and most other mod chips, are able to detect an attempted hard drive swap and will then transform your Xbox into a nuclear warhead.  Let me tell you that the after effects are not pretty.

lol,that wasn't a very nice post....                                    

knowledgeiv

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2002, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (obiwan @ Dec 17 2002, 11:04 PM)
I want to add to this.

If you use the TSOP selection jumpers (4x256k banks) you can do all of the above

My setup is like this

MatriX flashed Tsop with:
1x 256k ORIGINAL BIOS (this is important)
and 3x256k other bioses... soesnt matter what you use

I can switch between all 4 bioses from the external jumpers I have on the Xbox, (find tutorial on how to do this on xbox-scene.com)

This way you can switch to the original bios and do the following:

- Recover a bad flash of TSOP (when flipping to the orignal bios and botting from Matrix with special bios) and reflashing the whole tsop after you turn off all the switches of the TSOP so you can write to it again.

- Play on XBOX LIVE without mod detection (since you will use the original BIOS)

So There is a way to get it all out of the TSOP when you want to do it

True; and I mention this in my Matrix guide, but I feel this is something that should be left to the advanced users, so I didn't mention it here.                                    

POTF

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2002, 09:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (nfmus @ Dec 17 2002, 04:50 PM)

Is this a response to HD swapping? Because I have already done it, it works fine like the post afterwards says.                                    

nfmus

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 02:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (POTF @ Dec 18 2002, 05:08 AM)
QUOTE (nfmus @ Dec 17 2002, 04:50 PM)

Is this a response to HD swapping? Because I have already done it, it works fine like the post afterwards says.

:D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :D  :rolleyes:                                      

kkattfish

• Archived User
Matrix Mod
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2002, 02:54:00 PM »

that's weird, because mine did turn into a nuclear warhead and now i have 3 testicles.  hmm, you must've done something wrong if yours worked.  try to do it again... :lol: