xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Please...  (Read 233 times)

eeprom777

• Archived User
Help Please...
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

Can someone help me... I am trying to remove the SST flash chip in an aladdin Xt chip. Anyone has an idea on how to remove it without breaking it....

thanks...

Chancer

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 06:34:00 AM »

Use a PLCC extractor or a paper clip straightened slightly to just lever the chip from the socket at the corner.

eeprom777

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

Thank you for your help....   Ive always worked with hardware from Team Xecuter... Im a bit lost... I have a motherboard with a aladdin installed but bios are bad... it frags... so I bought a new one and I am going to swap out the flash chip, so I can get the Flashbios 3.01 screen....   From here is were i get lost... I dont have the original HDD for the motherboard only a 160gig seagate new....  Can you help me on the steps or point to me to a tutorial that has my similar situation...  I read most of them, but they just end on the flashing part....
Any help would be appreciated...

Chancer

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

If you are going to hotswap the aladdin chip there is a guide here http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=390508
This explains the hotswap to flash procedure in detail. Once you have a chip with a hacked bios on it in the machine you can install and format the HDD in the machine.
To do this I would get hold of a copy of Slayers 2.6 or AID 3. Both of these autoinstallers will prepare and install all the dash files etc with the new HDD already in the Xbox.

eeprom777

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

Im not going to hotswap... All I have is an aladdin soldered to the first mobo with bad bios.. I have another aladdin by itself flashed with cromwell flashbios 3.01 modified...  going tto move it to the other xbox tthat the aladdin is soldered too... then was going to try to flash it....  Is the hotswap the olny way to flash or can I do it off a disk...???   which one (bios) would you recommend....????

Chancer

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »

You can simply swap over the flashrom then.
If the flashrom you have has flash bios on it then you need to flash that using a bios disc
All you need is a 256k hacked bios suitable for your version of Xbox. Burn this onto a disc make sure the bios file is named as BIOS.BIN and burned as a data disc with an extra dummy file name it aabbcc.dat (around 100 mb)

eeprom777

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 08:46:00 PM »

Chancer,

Thank you very much for all your help...    am just a bit afarid or the flashing part. My xbox mobo is a v1.2. Is 4983.06 or 4983.67 good for my system. Just a bit hesitant becuz flashed this mobo before and thing frags.... One quick question,  do I need to format and gett the hard drive ready....?? Do I have to move anythng to it before I flash....

Chancer

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

No you can simply flash the bios first. Anything else to do after can be done with an autoinstaller or via ftp
It will be fine. Just make sure you use a 256k bios. The one you listed will be fine.
the 06 is for if you want a HDD with a large F partition and the .67 is for setting up the HDD with an F +G partition

eeprom777

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

Chancer,

Thank ypu again for all your help... I flashed via network and everything went well.. Used the .06 for the large F drive... after that I used Evox New HD disk... Got the hdd formatted and a dashboard installed. I then used Slayer and added all the apps and xbmc to it...   My god daughter will be happy again...  had this thing for over a month....

eeprom777

Chancer

• Archived User
Help Please...
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »

Great job pop.gif
Glad its all sorted now for you.