xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Freezes On Startup  (Read 763 times)

cobain0204

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« on: March 21, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »

I had the same problem, i was playing NINJA GAIDEN, but i lef the game on pause, one hour later it started to slow in the item menu, 3 times later it freezed, so i turn it of, and it kept freezing in the xbox logo, so i changed for another hdd and started fine. i burned a copy of Slayer and i only put in the bios option and thent rebot the xbox, and it put me another menu in the evox and it was ok.

so basically it overwrites the evox or something and thats it.  <

justtaint

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »

You brought back a 1.5 yr old thread for that?  <

Evil Ryu

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

:rolleyes: lol    <

MR_GRIM

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »

ive got a v2 xbox, recently i pressed the eject button and nothing happened so i pressed it again and it opened, i put a backup in and the game started but wen i went to load a saved game my xbox crashed? i reset it and this time nothing loaded i just got a black screen, i pressed eject a couple of times to get to the evo-x menu and then clicked on MS bashboard and my xbox froze again! i was getting the same prob every time and then i started to just get a black screen when i turn my xbox on/insert disk etc but after a few attempts i managed to get evo-x to load and had no crashes on that menu, i inserted the exox disk and tried reinstalling it (i had probs b4 with evo-x-when i went to load the MS dashboard, evo-x wld just reload everytime but it worked once i reinstalled it) but this time the installation froze so i restarted and tried to load the MS dashboard which worked this time but froze when i tried to load one of the 3 options i also got this error message once when i tried to load MS dashboard:
Error Code 21
5-9 HDD error
10-12 DVD error
13 Dashboard couldnt b launched
14 generic dashboard specified error
16 dashboard files/settings incorrect
20 dashboard was launched but failed
21 generic, unspecified error
the main light was also flashing red

i brought a new hdd with evox pre installed but just got a black screen when i booted my xbox...

ne ideas peeps? do u think flashing my chips bios cld help?

thanx  <

djx18

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2002, 02:13:00 PM »

Ok I need help! I moded my cousins xbox and it was working fine for about 2 months he has a ntcs 3944 bios xbox with a x-ecuter modchip. Evo x was not installed the hard drive was not tampered with at all. One day he put a dvd in and it went to the Xbox Logo with the MS writing on the bottom screen in the beginning of startup and it was trying to load and it just froze there! He tried it again and it did the same thing. He then tried a game and it did the same thing again, it would try to load it, would show the Xbox logo and then MS logo comes up on the bottom and then the game does not start it just freezes on that screen. When he does not put any disc in the drive and the xbox logo tries to come up onto the screen it does something a little different. The logo freezes while getting smaller and getting to its original size ( in other words the movie that plays when it starts up before it goes to the logo freezes with out a disc in the drive). So I then shut the mod chip off by unsoldering the points where the on/off switch is and then I got a
red/green blinking light on the eject button (witch I never had before) and the error screen came up with out any error codes on the top left corner! I then re-soldered the modchip and all the points and re-solderd and re-soldered and started the xbox up again and I was back to the beginning. I tried resetting the clock but that also didn’t work it was off for a whole day unplugged and everything but the clock screen didn't come up. Can some one please help me???

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2002, 04:42:00 PM »

Go and check out your hdd w/ evox...maybe somethin got deleted...u can restore your c drive...otherwise it may be a heat issue..make sure that everything in ur xbox is working...open it up and move dvd and hdd to the side and turn it on...make sure everything is working and all fans are spinning...and that everything is FULLY plugged in@!

djx18

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2002, 05:04:00 PM »

Well i checked all conections everyhting is fine. I got evo-x to boot up from cd then i replaced the dash i just renamed the old one. I tried launching the old dash from the evox screen everytime i try to launch it the evox screen just freezes and i have to restart the xbox. I tried using raw command through flash fxp same exact thing. Now i can play games but i cant get my original dash to work any help any one please?

Scan-C

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2002, 08:13:00 PM »

sounds like a f*cked up hd.you have made backups of c and e right?boot evox from cd and format c and e with a ftp client.copy over your backup and it should boot again from the hd

Signo

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2002, 09:50:00 PM »

I had the same problem, when i swap my HD though when i tranfered my c:\ and e:\ back to the new drive via flash fxp the original dash file got corrupted. I uploaded it agian and all has been fine since Aug. So like the man said just replace the file. You did make a backup right :)

djx18

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2002, 11:00:00 PM »

I never deleted anything or formated anything. I didn't swap any hard drives i still have my original dash i just renamed it. I dont have back ups of anything im a little confused...

djx18

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2002, 11:10:00 PM »

I never deleted anything or formated anything. I didn't swap any hard drives i still have my original dash i just renamed it. I dont have back ups of anything im a little confused...

opjose

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2002, 12:01:00 AM »

This is a typical "Nuking" of the Xbox...

The fact that you can still boot from a CD indicates that there is nothing wrong with the DVD or the hard drive itself. Rather the dashboard has been corrupted.

You'll need to restore C:\ from a backup.... someone else's backup.

djx18

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2002, 07:11:00 PM »

You are a genious man! You were right he did accidently start xbox live from the unreal championship game (my cousins). So the only solution is to replace his c drive with another back up 3944bios? hard drive?

Does this mean that any one who has to the xecuter chip can't play xbox live I need to tell me my friends can you help me out with that man please?? THANK YOU SO MUCHHH

opjose

• Archived User
Xbox Freezes On Startup
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2002, 07:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (djx18 @ Nov 12 2002, 03:05 AM)
You are a genious man! You were right he did accidently start xbox live from the unreal championship game (my cousins). So the only solution is to replace his c drive with another back up 3944bios? hard drive?

Does this mean that any one who has to the xecuter chip can't play xbox live I need to tell me my friends can you help me out with that man please?? THANK YOU SO MUCHHH

Re: Drive

Correct, a C:\ partition from ANY 3944 Xbox (of the same "region" NTSC or PAL) will work fine.

Re: Xecutor

No not exactly.

They have to be VERY careful though and should always have a backup of the C:\ partition for safety.

See the pinned threads on "Nuking" in the XBLive section.

AFTER the update is performed you can use XBLive and XBLive games. However you must NEVER permit the update.xbe file to be executed while Evolution-X is set as the default dashboard!

Thus the safest thing to do is to remove update.xbe (and also dashupdate.xbe) from each of your games to avoid a brother, friend, cousing, significant other, etc. from accidentally causing the problem again.