xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Locking Hard Drive  (Read 536 times)

brownsuga2k

• Archived User
Locking Hard Drive
« on: November 06, 2002, 09:47:00 PM »

Hi there,

I have read the tutorial on locking one's hard drive, and I have a few questions:

1.  What Bios is to be used?  If I am using EvoX 2.5, is this adequate to perform locking, or must I use this "Y-Box Bios"?

2.  What Hard Drive should I use when I select "back up" in the EvoX menu (ie create the five files - hddinfo file, etc.)? Is it the original xbox hard drive or the new replacement hard drive?  

3.  Do I change the evoX file name to yboxdash.xbe and the original xboxdash to xboxdash.xbe?  

Thanks in advance

rjm2k

• Archived User
Locking Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 02:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (brownsuga2k @ Nov 7 2002, 04:40 AM)
Hi there,

I have read the tutorial on locking one's hard drive, and I have a few questions:

1.  What Bios is to be used?  If I am using EvoX 2.5, is this adequate to perform locking, or must I use this "Y-Box Bios"?

2.  What Hard Drive should I use when I select "back up" in the EvoX menu (ie create the five files - hddinfo file, etc.)? Is it the original xbox hard drive or the new replacement hard drive?  

3.  Do I change the evoX file name to yboxdash.xbe and the original xboxdash to xboxdash.xbe?  

Thanks in advance

1. Evox2.5 is fine.

2. Run backup on the NEW drive.

3. yboxdash.xbe is used with ybox bios.  For evox2.5 non ybox I think you need to rename the original xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe and the evolution x default.xbe to xboxdash.xbe.