xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-ecutor Tsop Flashing...  (Read 610 times)

burning_arc

• Archived User
X-ecutor Tsop Flashing...
« on: October 21, 2002, 12:46:00 AM »

ok my new x-ecutor ive installed is some how generating or shorting something that is making alot of heat in the xbox motherboard, like some parts are red hot after 20 minites of being on. and the xbox will cut out audio/video after 10 minites and when rebooted start flashing red/green untill about 30 minites of cool down.

now is it possible to flash the tsop with the evolution-x cd with an x-ecutor installed? i plan do this so i can actualy use homebrew software and take out this damn x-ecutor

bluespot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 01:01:00 AM »

Take out the X-Ecuor NOW!!!!!

There are *NO* parts on the motherboard that are supposed to get red hot.  That's about 1000º F if I remember right!  I really can't believe that everything just didn't go up in smoke...let alone still played games.

You need to take out the executor now, and then make sure that the xbox runs normally without a modchip installed.  If it does, then carefully reinstall the executor, and see if you have problems again.  It might be a bad mod chip.                                    

rjm2k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 02:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (bluespot @ Oct 21 2002, 06:54 AM)
There are *NO* parts on the motherboard that are supposed to get red hot.  That's about 1000º F if I remember right!

I think red hot is used as a figure of speech rather than meaning that components are literally visibly red hot.  Which parts are getting hot?  Are you sure they didn't do this before you put the mod chip in?  Id' guess most people don't actuallt check the running state of the components in the box the first time they open it to install a mod chiip, so it may be that they are naturally hot and that your problems are unrelated.  Did you do anything else at the same time, like add a new hard disk?                                    

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 04:29:00 AM »

No, this is not merely a minor heat problem... This -IS- a major problem.

What he describes is a bad short somewhere.

I would not pull out the chip however as this in itself can do more damage.

Instead follow the tutorial on MrModchip's site and use the COLOR DOT diagnostics.

He should also check for solder splashes, the Excutor's LPC connection points being cross connected.

He should do this after increasing the resistance reading on the ohm meter as this REALLY sounds like a high resistance short.

E.G. if it were a low resistance short his xbox would not power up at all.

Instead it takes a while to build up heat because of current draw as SOME current is being shorted to ground, but not enough to cause the power supply to shut itself off to protect itself.

WiKKiD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 07:20:00 AM »

And to actually answer your question, no you can not flash the tsop with any lpc mod (I'm gonna make a macro for that exact statement soon)...                                    

rjm2k

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (WiKKiD @ Oct 21 2002, 01:13 PM)
And to actually answer your question, no you can not flash the tsop with any lpc mod (I'm gonna make a macro for that exact statement soon)...

Interesting that you CAN flash the xodus using evolution x now, isn't xodus an lpc?  Is there any reason why the x-ecutor couldn't be flashed using a similar technique (maybe after bridging something on the mod chip)?                                    

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2002, 08:51:00 AM »

Yes there -ARE- reasons.

You can find them by using search as I've already covered this at length.