xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix For Xbox Reviewed  (Read 703 times)

Coold00d

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« on: October 01, 2002, 08:22:00 AM »

Today my Matrix mod for xbox arrived. I must say how delighted I am with the design all components look very well built and the chip its self is of a great quality build.

The package contained one chip, programmer and small washer, be careful when opening as you may drop it.

The mod comes unflashed for legal reasons. I know this may sound very daunting for some of you to flash the mod but believe me it is incredibly easy.
To Flash the mod you simply plug a 9Volt battery into the programmer and secure the chip onto the pins of the programmer.
When you have done that you simply plug it into the back of the printer port no cables what so ever are needed. Once done that you need the Flash tool and Dll file from http://www.warmcat.com/milksop/wmilk.exe and here http://www.warmcat.com/ntiosupp.dll. Once you have these extract them into a directory with evox 2.5 available from www.<auto mod edit: illegal link>.net Eg extract all files to c:\Matrix. You must then go to the command prompt or dos prompt and enter the directory the bios and wmilk is in eg: C:\Matrix. From here you type wmilk -c -a ffc00000 -v -p evox25.bin. Then it will programme and takes a few minutes. Thats it!
After this you will be all set to go. The install is very easy to do as the manual shows. I will be installing later on after my xbox is delivered.

I would reccomend everyone should buy this one, this is a modders dream!

For further information and to buy the matrix please visit www.xodus-chip.com

woo

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2002, 07:15:00 AM »

though I have seen a few impartial reviews around...

this "1 post" contributer, does remind me of an Easybuy2000 Employee

jester.gif

slike

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2002, 08:30:00 AM »

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

NIGHTBREED

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2002, 08:47:00 AM »

can we consider the first post as SPAM.... jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif

i'm still waiting for my chip...no news yet
If Easybuy 2000 had CLASS they would send an email to the people that still haven't received the product giving us an ETA (estimate time of arrival)

Maybe i'm too much customer oriented... jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif

kryo

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2002, 10:22:00 AM »

Yeah well... If they'd even bother to answer ANY e-mails. Sent them about 5 or so, no answer yet. Nice.

I live in Finland, so calling them isn't an option (don't want to pay one cent more for the chips).

McBox

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2002, 09:47:00 AM »

I got my Matrix chip yesterday as well.  It is just as easy as the first poster says.

I should mention that it did take 4 or 5 tries to successfully flash the chip in the first place (if you get sync errors while using wmilk.exe, just keep trying a few times) but once that was done, it was almost too easy to put in!

From my observation, I think it would be VERY hard not to align the pins properly, as the Matrix's circuit board is almost shaped to fit the corner of the IDE connector.  I had no problems at all getting it to work and it was blinking green right away.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll be back posting about how crappy the Matrix chip is and how it befouled my Xbox, but as of yet all is well.   biggrin.gif

SchlongMan

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2002, 11:05:00 AM »

I might buy if the international shipping costs are reduced, it reads us$29 for a single chip which is way too much.
Does anyone know if this price is correct?

deka

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2002, 01:21:00 PM »

With their London office opening up, you'd think that the international shipping price would be reduced. But keep in mind you are doing business with EasyBuy.

Nutt

• Archived User
Matrix For Xbox Reviewed
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2002, 01:19:00 PM »

there is a link to the UK branch of easybuy burried there somewhere. link is http://www.easybuy20...ope/index.shtml price works out as $70 shipped, its still way overpriced for us euros ( hell, I htink its overpriced for the USAnians)

Still, I'll probably get it rather than solder.