xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Network Freezing Problems  (Read 18 times)

jiveabillion

• Archived User
Network Freezing Problems
« on: February 14, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »

First of all, everything worked fine for months before any of this happened. I didnt change anything on my xbox. I use the latest Avalaunch Dashboard and the latest Tech release of XBMC

I first noticed the problem while streaming video in XBMC. The video would just freeze and the xbox would lock up. sometimes it would just kick me back to my video menu in xbmc though. When I reboot, I will have a newly assigned DHCP IP address 1 increment higher than before. Then, after it happens, it sometimes will not boot media center. It will just hang and the light will turn red. I have another xbox in my bedroom hooked up to my network on the same switch and it gives me no trouble at all. I tried putting the original hdd in and it still does the same thing. It also freezes when I ftp sometimes. I've changed the cables and reset my router and the switch and tried connecting directly to the router. It still does the same thing.

What are the main causes for ethernet problems and what are the most common fixes?