xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Adding New Hd To Softmodded Xbox  (Read 49 times)

FierceGaming

• Archived User
Adding New Hd To Softmodded Xbox
« on: February 14, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

I followed this tut at http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/203286 made the cd and did everything on there. made the partitions etc however I couldn't lock it, I know I have locked it before but with that stupid cd it wouldn't lock it. so I put it in my chipped xbox to see if that would read it and no, that wont read it, it gives me an 06 error. Is there any other methods that work to upgrade a harddrive to a softmodded xbox without the pain.

.:Dino:.

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

if you get error code 6 then the drive is already locked, you need to unlock it to prepare it, using the eeprom.

FierceGaming

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

I did find out it was locked once I tried locking it again.  but when I partitioned it it was unlocked so it should work.  Is there any other methods I can try?

jiveabillion

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

you probably locked it with the wrong key. ive done it several times. Unlock the hdd with atapwd using the master password XBOXSCENE and then try locking it again. Oh and if you are trying to use the key that was in the txt file from your eeprom backup, its not going to be the correct one for your new drive. you need to boot your pc into windows with your new xbox drive unlocked and hooked up to one of your ide cables. then open a program called liveinfo and load your eeprom file then select the new xbox drive from the drop down list. it will tell you the correct key for that HDD and your xbox. its time consuming, but thats how it's done.

FierceGaming

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »

So is it probably not working because im not locking the hd right?  I have done the tut and made 5 cds now over again and tried and tried but no sucess it is ethier error 6 or 5 (mainly 6).  Yes i copied the eeprom.bin to the eeprom folder.  Also another thing I would like to try is doing a clone but I cant seem to get it to read my xboxs 8 gig hd it keeps saying input/output error so im not sure how to do that.  If anybody has installed a hd on a softmodded xbox please tell me your exact method any help is appreciated.  Anything im doing wrong besides the locking or is that what you think it probably is?

jiveabillion

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

message me on aim SN jiveabillion before 2am EST
Ive put bigger hdds in about 9 softmodded xbox. ive messed it up every way possible and still got them all to work in the end. I know what not to do and what to do now by trial and error.