xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Freezing@@!  (Read 618 times)

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
Xbox Freezing@@!
« on: August 06, 2002, 03:36:00 AM »

My Xbox has been freezing on the loading screens of Enclave (which I played awhile..then it stopped workin 4 awhile) and i just burned Wreckless...and it freezes on the loading screen..right after you select the Difficulty and Traffic...sometimes EvoX freezes when copying files to PC for awhile...hmmmm...possible virus? I'm wondering if I can run McAffee Virus scan on the xbox

Medje512

• Archived User
Xbox Freezing@@!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2002, 04:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Aug 6 2002, 09:29 AM)
I'm wondering if I can run McAffee Virus scan on the xbox?!

DORK! @@@@@@  biggrin.gif

no it can't...

opjose

• Archived User
Xbox Freezing@@!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 05:24:00 AM »

--QuoteBegin-CaliSurfer008+Aug 6 2002, 09:29 AM-->
QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Aug 6 2002, 09:29 AM)
My Xbox has been freezing on the loading screens of Enclave (which I played awhile..then it stopped workin 4 awhile) and i just burned Wreckless...and it freezes on the loading screen..right after you select the Difficulty and Traffic...sometimes EvoX freezes when copying files to PC for awhile...hmmmm...possible virus? I'm wondering if I can run McAffee Virus scan on the xbox?!

The Xbox performs no CRC checks on the DVD when it reads data in.

As a result it can read in data from DVDs that it is actually having a problem reading. The code that gets loaded into RAM can therefor be bad, or the sound file it's playing, etc., etc., etc.

I've had several ISO's exhibit the problem you describe.

Sometimes I've resorted to "unpacking" the ISO and using STOMP to reburn the image. This works perfectly for me.

If you try to burn a MAME image you'll have nothing but trouble. The same contents burned with PRASSI or STOMP work perfectly.

Now I wish someone would explain why this is?

XcalibEr

• Archived User
Xbox Freezing@@!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 09:13:00 AM »

a while ago, i posted a thread regarding installation of Xtender on XBOX, that work for more then a day, played onimusha without problems, played abit wrekless , and on the second time i played wrekless, it freezed on replay, and since then the xbox don't work.

i desolderd the chip with all it's wires, and still no picture no sound.

and i'm my self installing messiah for the ps2 for about 1 year.

very intresting..

(forget about checking with mcaffe antivirus, it's not pc DATA OR FO

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
Xbox Freezing@@!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2002, 03:43:00 PM »

So...what should I do?! Is it my xbox or a bad rip? I burned w/ Prassi at 1x

opjose

• Archived User
Xbox Freezing@@!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2002, 09:23:00 PM »

--QuoteBegin-CaliSurfer008+Aug 6 2002, 09:36 PM-->
QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Aug 6 2002, 09:36 PM)
So...what should I do?! Is it my xbox or a bad rip? I burned w/ Prassi at 1x

1) Try NOT using PRASSI to burn IMAGES (ISO). Instead unpack the ISO contents and burn it as a DATA disk in PRASSI.

I use DiskJuggler for Images and STOMP for DATA disks.

2) If your other disks boot up, assume a bad rip. People often omit nested files as their xfers crap out.

3) Try other media. Are you burning to DVD-R? Programs that exhibit this problem under other media, (e.g. CD-RW) seem to work fine under DVD-R.

4) Try an original. Do they freeze as well?

5) Could the laser lense or optics be dusty?