xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Messiah X Anyone?  (Read 742 times)

bigd_1

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« on: June 11, 2002, 08:45:00 PM »

I know it hasn't been released yet, but I read it is supposed to be.  Is it worth waiting for, or should I go with an Xtender/Enigmah                    

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 02:50:00 AM »

go with enigmah.  messiah doesn't even have a release date and they said they got delays cause they wanna perfect everything.  its a few wires less but they haven't released install pics so who knows...maybe the points will be harder to solder on                    

lyzanxia

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 03:12:00 AM »

Completely puzzled now with all the claims of those rival modchips-companys...mm                    

R3B0RN

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 07:15:00 AM »

Quote (lyzanxia @ Jun 12 2002, 10:05 AM)
Completely puzzled now with all the claims of those rival modchips-companys...mm

Just buy Enigmah or Xtender both are out there, both have the same specs... And you can get it installed and play...

For the Messiah you'll have to wait (How long?) maybe they'll get more delay and such, so i wouldn't wait for them if i where you...

Maybe you will pay a little more to get is solderd or be soldering a little longer yourself, but then again you would have to wait and you don't know how long...

That's why i wouldn't go waiting for the Messiah...                    

fluidmax

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 04:44:00 PM »

i don't really like the messian team...they promised to deliver the usa version of messiah(PS2) in May but they didn't ...and now that they decide to get their hands into xbox mod (as if they didn't make enough money on the messian ps2 chip)........and try to talk trash about other mods. (when they don't even have a sample MX out yet) that is just too low on my scale....
no doubt...messiah chip is the best chip out there for ps2...but for 90-100 USD ?  that is way too greedy(I KNOW THE RETAILER MAKE SOME MONEY ON THE CHIP TOO...but still )... i hope the clones will be much cheaper so that a good mod chip is not for the select few but for every day joe..... don't get me wrong ...not that the everday joe can't spend 100$ (i believe if you can buy a system then u can afford the mod ) but since the system now only cost 199$ shouldn't the chip be cheaper? i mean to cost half as much as a whole system just doesn't make sense.... i don't care what kind of expensive chip you have it on the messian MOD ...it SHOULDN"T cost that much....
I know someone might say it's not that bad it's only the price of 2 games...
but did you ever think that maybe some of us only play back up games that we own? not because we think we are better then some of the people only play copy games..just that i want to support the develop game company ...so they will have the money to make new games... when China Messian set their chip price so high make people don't want to pay for the original games.... because some might think...why should i pay more for the original when i can just play copies?(and since i pay 100$ already on the mod chip).. i duno....when did it became like this...i still remember the good old days when PS1 mod chips only cost 5$ a peice.....well that's just me.... maybe i am thinking too much...   :)  :lol:

bigd_1

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 05:26:00 PM »

I went ahead and ordered a couple Enigmah's hope they're ok.                    

JuNioR

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 10:12:00 PM »

bigd_1 its worth waiting the week, but knowing them they will be atleast
4-6 weeks late at the earliest. If you see them next week buy it if not get some other chip.                    

gogoWes

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 11:00:00 PM »

Were any release dates posted for the 12 wire chips?  I checked out the group pages.                    

Duece

• Archived User
Messiah X Anyone?
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2002, 07:38:00 AM »

No released date as of yet Wes.  My whole thing is that the only thing that you could get right now would be an Extender.  Enigmahs are really hard to come by, unless you get a beta/sample chip.  If you are hard pressed to get an enigmah then go aheed, since I have to wait anyway(pre-ordering is a joke, plenty of horror stories posted on this site) I will hopefully see a release date for the Messiah by then time Enigmah chips are in stock and and easily on hand at most places.