xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Wont Load Dash, Just Comes On And Hdd Light Blinks  (Read 19 times)

twixbarlover

• Archived User
Xbox Wont Load Dash, Just Comes On And Hdd Light Blinks
« on: January 29, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

I was playing San Andreas, and I got a dirty disc error in the middle of the game, so I turned it off and turned it back and and it booted (i have unleashx running as default), but only the animation came on, and the xbox logo.  Then after that, the screen went blank black and the hdd activity light blinks like every 5 seconds.

What's wrong? , I was just playing it 20 minutes ago...

Oh, and when I boot to xenium os and run the ms dash, it boots and tells me i need to call for service.

What do I need to do so that I can booth to my dashes and play my games!?

I know I dint delete the dash files cause I wasnt messing with them, I dont even know where they are, lol.

Thanx in advance

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

Try reinstalling the stock M$ dash files onto the xbox, then reboot.

If you don't have backup copies of the M$ dash on your PC, then you can extract them from Slayer's 2.6 or Auto Installer Deluxe

twixbarlover

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Alex548 @ Jan 29 2006, 08:53 PM) *

Try reinstalling the stock M$ dash files onto the xbox, then reboot.

If you don't have backup copies of the M$ dash on your PC, then you can extract them from Slayer's 2.6 or Auto Installer Deluxe

i really dont think the ms dash is the problem, one time when i just booted to it, it actually came on, but i turned it off and back on and got the error.  Could it be aoverheating problem, I was playing san andreas for about 8 hourd the night, before, then about 6 before it messed up, I touched the hdd and it was hot, but I never had this problem, my hdd is a 200 gig western digital

Oh, and I have no ms dash stuff on here and I dont know where to get those auto installers, Im not the one who modded my xbox, the guy who did is never online recently , may even be out of town

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

Oh, and when I boot to xenium os and run the ms dash, it boots and tells me i need to call for service.

That's because either your M$ dash files are corrupt OR the guy who modded your xbox is an idiot and didn't put them on your upgraded hard drive.

Yes, it could be overheating problems, but it may also be corrupt files on your hard drive.

You might wanna stick around and start reading some of the valuable information on this site so you can know your way around your modded box.

This post has been edited by Alex548: Jan 30 2006, 07:32 AM

twixbarlover

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

the files are on the drive.

I turned it on and played NFSU 2 and it started messing up after about 10 minutes, I turned it off and tried turning it back on again, and it does the same thing, just sits there and hdd light blinks.

I havent turned it on in about 3 days now.

I replaced my ide cable with a brand new one and it still does it (that was 3 days ago when I played NFSU 2).

ANy other ideas?

twixbarlover

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

bump, i still need help, it still is not working correctly

ItchyB

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 10:12:00 PM »

What error number is on the screen when you try to boot to the MS dash from the Xenium OS?