xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: X3 Install Problem..(v1.6)  (Read 181 times)

G_Prime99

• Archived User
X3 Install Problem..(v1.6)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

humm..... odd... have u double - Triple cheaked that everying is plug in correctly?

G_Prime99

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »

smile.gif"

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

If you get FRAG (Flashing Red And Green lights) on your Xbox then you have a bad solder joint on the LPC - check everything again (this shows your D0 point is correct as it is switching the Xbox to the LPC bus successfully - however by getting FRAG its showing that the LPC bus cannot read the bios from the mod).

^^^I got that off of that link you just gave me.

I guess I'm gonna pull it off again.

I wish it would tell me which connections are iffy

9 & 15 are 3.3.v - Blue light #1 is working, so it can't be those.......

G_Prime99

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

Now when I turn it on. (like a normal push the button) The lights come on as pictured above, except the eject button stays green. All the lights stay on, no flashing. Then the XBOX boots up like normal and asks me to set the clock.

If I click the power button stupid fast to turn it on, it frags.

G_Prime99

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

now try and Eject + Power to see if you can flash the BIOS

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(G_Prime99 @ Mar 17 2005, 04:38 PM)
now try and Eject + Power to see if you can flash the BIOS

G_Prime99

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »

humm... this is odd..... i am fresh out of ideas on how to fix that. Sry i couldnt help anymore. Go try the teamxecuter forums, someone should be able to help you there

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »

I think I may have found a fuck up in my work.....

This is the pic in the tut of the LPC rebuild.
http://users.pandora...tut/rebuild.jpg

In the blue area, is it supposed to be soldered down to the little circle outside of the rebuild piece?

It looks like it is, because of the indentation in the rebuild piece. And if so, is it also supposed to be making contact with the contact right next to it, on the inside of the rebuild kit?  I can't tell due to the fact that there's solder on my rebuild kit, and I can't seem to find a decent pic of a brand new one anywhere.

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

Judging by this image, I'm gonna say yes.....

user posted image

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

Bimyah! I got it.

All it was, was that little blue bastard!

I am so happy now.......

...now on to flashing the BIOS, having a bunch of questions about how to get Media Center on there etc etc etc....

user posted image

G_Prime99

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  I found that the best way to install XBMC is using Slayer 2.6 EvoX  auto-installer witch installs EvoX - Avalanch - XBMC - XBMP - and a hole bunch of other great things, once thast installed on the xbox you just cahnge the boot order in the program to have XMBC come up before EvoX.

You Wont Find Slayer 2.6 EvoX  Auto-installer to easly you will have to search your fav. p2p /torrent sites/ or IRC places. Trust me its worth the hastle of geting it.

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(G_Prime99 @ Mar 17 2005, 05:40 PM)
Nice TV  biggrin.gif  I found that the best way to install XBMC is using Slayer 2.6 EvoX  auto-installer witch installs EvoX - Avalanch - XBMC - XBMP - and a hole bunch of other great things, once thast installed on the xbox you just cahnge the boot order in the program to have XMBC come up before EvoX.

G_Prime99

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »

xBins has alot of the stuff u will need if not they will probably have a link to were to get it.

ZX3Junglist

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

Just a little note to all of you who might be experiencing this issue, a couple ideas to first ponder.

1) If you have a 1.6 xbox, make sure you have rebuilt your LPC properly, all 4 pins rerouted. Also, 1.6 xbox's need an alternate 5v power lead. Check this with #2 below.

2) x3 should have 2 blue led's showing from the chip itself. This shows the chip is being properly powered.

3) pin headers to which you are plugging the black wire into have VERY small pins which have been known to easily bend. Check carefully to ensure that you havent bent any pins inside the headers.

4) Slow down, make sure you've read the tutorials CORRECTLY and know what you should expect.

5) solderless adapter? make sure your pins are making good contact, and that your chip is properly powered and seated.

6) If all else fails, inspect your solder work. Any cold (dulled looking) joints? have you broken any traces? Best to break out your multimeter and test continutity across your solder points, and continutity across wire connectors.

7) To state the obvious: 1.0-1.5 xbox's will have 3 wire headers attached (d0 bundle, eject mod, front panel) while 1.6's will have 4 (these 3, plus alt. power)

Good luck, this little bugger drove me frickin' nuts..
P.S. All it took me was to triple check everything and give allmy connections a good wiggle..
Pages: 1 [2]