xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 0.0.0.0.  (Read 120 times)

sheliak

• Archived User
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »

Most multimeters have a setting to check continuity, you can use this to check the pin and see if they are crossed or not.  If you bought a regular ethernet cable, regular cat5e cable, patch cable, or anything like that, it is the wrong cable.  If it's the same type of cable you use to hook up to a hub or router, it's the wrong cable.  Anything that actually says, "Crossover" should be right.  All your settings are right so things should work.

bevvie_12

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

Ok right. So could you give me a website so I could buy a different one and try that out. One that ships to UK if preferable.

bevvie_12

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

sad.gif

bevvie_12

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 08:46:00 AM »

I really need to get one. Otherwise no backing up for me.

Know where I can get one guys. Crossover cable to connect my PC to my xbox.

st4rk

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 11:44:00 AM »

just go to best buy  and buy a crossover, and a regular cat5 cable.  see which one works and whichever one doesn't just return it.

if you look at a crossover cable, line up the two ends side by side, starting from the left the wires should go orange striped then orange solid.  on the other side it should start green striped then green solid.  thats a crossover, if both cables start with orange striped then orange solid, then it's a straight through cable.

bevvie_12

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

Yes! That's the once I have!

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Hey, I have tried and tried to link both of my boxes together and I get nothing but error messages. One says "Unable to join, wait a few minutes and try again later". I dono what I have to do to make the connection fully playable.  

One thing I was thinking about is that I have the exact same eeprom on both of the boxes.  Could this be the problem as of why I can't get the IP's to register?

I have tried two types of Crossover Cables and I've tried a hub with regular cat5 cables and still nothing.  I really believe that you must use the sys link cable that M$ offers only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheliak

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

That's really wierd.  What are you using to FTP?  I would try different FTP aps.  Try Flash FXP and even try ftp://xbox:[email protected] in M$IE.

JonnyBoy123

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

I had the same problem... and I have m8 bios on mine.. it might be the bios... to fix it I got a router and used ethernet cable.. also one more thing you can try is to make your connection speed 10mb/full duplex or half (try both) you can change this in your NIC settings same place where u changed IP just click on the configure tab... let me know what you get.

JonnyBoy123

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »

also.. i even got the problem when I had my router once... try powering down your pc and xbox first then connecting the cord.. thenturn your pc on first wait till its loaded fully then turn on your xbox.

sheliak

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »

Try setting your Xbox's gateway to your Comp's IP, should be 192.168.0.1.  Leave the Comp's gateway blank or you probably won't be able to access the net.  JonnyBoy123 was right and reminded me of something.  Occasionally I would have connection troubles and sometimes forcing my NIC card to lower speed would fix.  After it fixed I could set it back to 100/full and it would still work.  To try this, in your NIC properties, click on Configure, then the Advanced Tab.  In the property box highlight Network Media and you should see a dropdown box on the right with different options.  Ideally you want to force 100/Full but you can try 100/half, 10/full, or 10/half.  The 10/100 thing is the speed in Mbps.  Full Duplex is faster because it means you can send and recieve data at the same time.  Half Duplex means traffic is only one way at a time so it's slower.  Experiment.

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

I figured it all out!

It was the freakin' MAC ADDRESSES on both boxes.  I had to change just one character of the Ethernet Address because they were both the same.  I forgot that I had transferred all the contents of one HDD to another. This copied everything exactly like the 1st drive onto the second drive.  If you are having the message" UNABLE TO JOIN".  This is why that is happening for both boxes were acting as one with that same Ethernet address.  So just edit one of your EEPROMs using config magic.
Pages: 1 [2]