xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question On Locking  (Read 79 times)

Zuldo

• Archived User
Question On Locking
« on: October 26, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

Does you hard drive need to be locked before you can put it in your xbox and succesfully have it run???  or should it still be able to run, but u just cant play on LIVE

I have a v1.0, SoftModded Xbox (007) retail HDD, and i am installing a 120 gig Western Digital 7200 8mb HDD, still cant figure out why xboxhdm1.9 isnt working for me.  Hanvt been able so succesfully copy from the Retial HDD to teh 120 HDD, nor have it been able to install format teh drive install the files and have it workwhen i put it in my xbox.
It formats, and copies the fiels to the drives, and this is a post to figure out if its the locking that isnt working..

necrodiety

• Archived User
Question On Locking
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »

If you are softmodding, it has to be locked.

Zuldo

• Archived User
Question On Locking
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

Thank you,

Finally something that is pushing me in the right direction.

Now, what would i be doing wrong when i try locking the HD?

After i install everyhting on teh HDD and i go to the lock tool, it never actually locks

could someone walk me through what i should do once i go to step 3 of the Linux CD     (boot linux locking/unlocking tool)

Zuldo

• Archived User
Question On Locking
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

Now i have tried everything that does not require a mod chip, and im assuming my HD didnt lock.... cause it still doesnt boot up on my xbox.   I did look on that one site and i 2 people had the same HD i have, and they posted taht it worked.

Maybe i will go buy another HD, or just go to my friends house and make it on his mod chipped xbox