xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Switching Back And Forth Between Evox And Msdash  (Read 191 times)

*G*

• Archived User
Switching Back And Forth Between Evox And Msdash
« on: March 20, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

I'm using the X2 lite +.......how can I switch back and forth between evox and msdash without the xboxdash.xbe and msboxdash.xbe.  I tried turning the chip off using the switch but that don't work and when I click the MS Dash in evox it just sends me back to the evox dash.  So how can i do this?

Sechy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

If you don't have the msboxdash.xbe then you are missing the file for the MS Dashboard. You will need to reinstall that file. Usally your Evox disc would have a backup copy of this file. You will need to copy it to your c: drive. Hope this helps.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »

i have the msboxdash.xbe and the xboxdash.xbe both on the c drive.....thought that if i turned my mod chip off it would revert back to msboxdash.xbe the next time i started the xbox until i turn the chip back on and then it would go back to evox....but it doesn't seem to work that way

Sechy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »

Yeah, if you have the files in your C: drive, it should boot the MS Dashboard. Mabey you have a bad file. What happens when you tuen the chip off, does it go to Evox still?

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

nope......just a black screen i think........could be a bad file, but its the back up file of the original, so i don't know how it could have gone bad.

Sechy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me neither, I would first try getting another copy of that file and if that doesn't work, I don't know. If you need a copy of the files I will email it to you tonight if you want. Shoot me an Email @ [email protected] if you need it.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

ah....just tried it out......xbox needs maintinence and it has a big 13 in the upper left corner and i get a red and green flash on the eject button

Sechy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 09:23:00 AM »

That means your Xbox is fragging. Try opening it again and check you cable connections to your hard drive and DVD Rom, also check and make sure your Video Cable is plugged into the back, That should fix it. I don't think it will fix the booting to MS Dashboard problem though.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

nah....xbox plays just fine with the mod chip on.....its just that when i turn the chip off and start up normally thats when i get the error......i will ftp to my xbox and check my files again......but thanks for the help anyways.

Sechy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

Oh, I thought you meant anytime you turned it on you were getting the error message. You might need to adjust you switches. If I do not swithc them all to the left it does that with me.

OlDirtyJohn

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

if your harddrive isnt locked, you wont be able to turn the chip off and have it go to the msdash. make sure its locked.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

ah......that could be it......never locked the drive and never even thought of it.....thnx for the info

off now to see if i can get it done : )

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

your evox dash should be named evoxdash.xbe and the ms xbox dash should be xboxdash.xbe... rename those and youll be fine...

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

tried changing to evoxdash.xbe and xboxdash.xbe but when i turn off the mod and start up the xbox i get the error 5.......maybe i will go on ahead and try locking the hdd and see if that makes any difference

bigga

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

Sounds like you are booting without a locked hdd.  Turn your chip on and it should load evox, get configmagic final from the usual places and lock the hdd with it
Pages: [1] 2