xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advantage Of Senium Over Xecuter 2.3b Lite?  (Read 146 times)

Klatu

• Archived User
Advantage Of Senium Over Xecuter 2.3b Lite?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

seriously though, if you just want cheap then do the TSOP and flash your original bios or get one of the economy $10 chips.  if you want quality then plan on paying for it.

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 29 2004, 02:40 AM)
QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 28 2004, 07:16 PM)
no one flamed you. We gave logical reasons as to why he shouldn't spend the xtra 20 dollars for stuff that isn't needed.  But if one likes Xecuter, he's a sackrider according to you. That's flaming.

no saying that 2 megs is too much, go with the xecutor cuz it's cheaper is sackriding, especially when there are chips half the cost of the xecutor.  if you want cheap might as well do a tsop.

And yes you can have it wired, but why pay extra for the included solderless parts when he's gonna be soldering?

the pogo pins/header pins already included is what makes the chip more expensive.  it's the same price as the 2.3b lite plus and it has more features

i do not follow you into threads. i do not flame you (and if I do, find a post where i do). I do not claim to be a genius. You need to drop this old bullshit. You acted immature in that thread and started calling me a newbie based on my registration date (which you couldn't even get right). I have been registered for more than a month. Look at the date i registered. I registered on December the 7th. Today is the 28th of January. That's been 3 months and 21 days. And look at your registration date. You've haven't been here a month. And you're talking about my regsitration date?

you said you were a genius and that the amount of your posts made you better than me rolleyes.gif  do you have a problem counting?  december 7 to january 7 is 1 month.  january 7 to january 28th = 21 days, that is 1 month and 21 days.  not 3 months.  and i've been here about 9 days now, nowhere near a month.  you seriously have to go back to high school math

I don't know what you're talking about in the last part....

how bout this part, quit quoting me, and i'll quit quoting you.  stop annoying me and i will act like you don't exist.  ok?  kthxbye

read the quote

so wait, according to you, saving money by not paying for things you don't need is sackriding? Tell me how that makes any sense.

And what chips are half the cost of the X2.3 Lite? the X2.3 lite is 35 dollars. The cheapest chips are 25 dollars, and are also crappy chips. It would be better to spend the extra 10 dollars and get a chip that is more versatile and will most likely last you longer. Sure he could do a TSOP, but he want to play on Xbox Live....

nleahcim has already said he doesn't want a solderless chip. Why do u keep mentioning the x2.3 lite plus? And yes it has more features, but he doesn't need or want them if they're gonna cost 20 dollars extra..

I didn't say i was a genius, you called me a newbie, and i said "so i supposed you're an xbox genious right?"

You got me on the dates part, i pressed the wrong button on the keyboard... but i've still been here longer, not that it means anything...

I'll stop annoying you when you get the maturity not to be annoyed by them... what did i say that was so annoying that you had to bring up this old bullshit again? I simply stated why it wasn't logical for the thread starter to spend extra money on an Xbit and now i'm annoying you?

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

Hi - can someone tell me why you would spend the extra money on a Xenium?

he wanted a reason first....

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 29 2004, 03:21 AM)
QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 28 2004, 08:15 PM)
Hi - can someone tell me why you would spend the extra money on a Xenium?

he wanted a reason first....

and i gave a reason why he should spend extra $$ on xbit

you call me immature then you keep trying to get the last word  rotfl.gif

yes, but then then he gave you a reason why he shouldn't pay extra money for an xbit when he doesn't need all it's features. Why pay extra money for stuff he doesn't need?

i called you immature because you were saying stupid things like "blah blah blah whatever", or the ever famous internet diss "get a life". that was immature. And another immature thing is starting an arguement just so u can call me immature for arguing with you. I'm not trying to get the last word, i'm simple saying why you were wrong.

nleahcim

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 29 2004, 03:10 AM)
if he mentioned the xenium he was ready to spend the extra cash for quality

actually I ordered a Xecuter 2.3b lite from modchipman after they told me that they would be shipping early this week. I just got an e-mail from them again today and they said that they don't expect to get them in any time soon and that I can "upgrade" to a more expensive chip - the Xenium - for $18. I just wanted to know if there was any reason to spend the extra cash. I think I'll just ask for a refund and find someplace that has them in stock.

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

laugh.gif

peace i'm out. user posted image

we totally ignored nleahcim....

el_diablo

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 29 2004, 12:00 AM)
actually, it's 1 trillion, not 1000 billion.

a billion is a million millions and a trilion is a billion billions

so 1000 billions correct to say

-------million = 1,000,000
-------billlion = 1,000,000,000,000
1000 billion = 1,000,000,000,000,000
-------trillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

biggrin.gif

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 29 2004, 02:16 AM)
Look at the date i registered. I registered on December the 7th. Today is the 28th of January. That's been 3 months and 21 days.

Dont go bad mouthing other peoples intelligence when you clearly cant even count  rolleyes.gif And Klatu is right about you Trevante, ive seen some of your other posts, you're a complete arrogant dick who tends to speak in a condesending manner to others  dry.gif

nleahcim, you'd be better off getting the Xenium, simple fact is there are no ugly external switches, everything to do with control of the chip is done by its own built in interface using your controller.

You can back up the EEPROM to the chip, so you dont really ever need to worry if you hose it, you can always restore a good copy off the Xenium. You cant do this with an Xecuter2 or the XBIT.

Xenium can have upto 4 BIOSes on it, and you dont need to waste a bank for a linux BIOS should you ever want linux, the Xenium has a built in linux BIOS which doesnt take up one of the spaces for the other 4 BIOSes, so in a way the Xenium has 5 BIOSes, 4 of which you can add and customise yourself. Xecuter2 you can only have 2 BIOSes total.

You can ALWAYS recover your Xenium if you have a bad flash of the BIOS and you wont need to ever remove the chip to do a hot swap, or ever need to buy a programmer. With the Xecuter if you have a bad BIOS flash then you're screwed unless you can do a hot swap with someone else, or you want to pay an extra $20 + shipping.

Theres more but i think thats pretty much the basics of why the Xenium would be better than the Xecuter2  cool.gif

And if you dont want the Xenium then get the XBIT, it has plenty of room for extra BIOSes so you never need to worry about that. While it may come with some ugly external switches (personally i think all external switches are ugly), it also comes with its own built in USB programmer so if you have a bad flash there is nothing extra to buy, you just plug it upto your windows pc and reflash it yourself. But thats also the downside, at this moment its only windows, so if you have a mac then you get shafted. Also you cannot backup or restore your EEPROM using the XBIT

Basically get the Xenium, then the XBIT. The Xecuter2 should be the very last chip out of those 3 that you considder.

beerchug.gif

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (el_diablo @ Jan 28 2004, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 29 2004, 12:00 AM)
actually, it's 1 trillion, not 1000 billion.

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif  rotfl.gif
anybody else notice something wrong???  laugh.gif

dude where did u go to school?  a million is one thousand thousands, a billion is a thousand millions, and a trillion is a thousand billions.

milllion = 1000 000
billion= 1000 000 000
trillion= 1000 000 000 000

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA.........oh man.....got my laughs for the day.....counting is not THAT hard.....

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (nleahcim @ Jan 30 2004, 12:53 AM)
QUOTE (Morglum @ Jan 29 2004, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 29 2004, 02:16 AM)
Look at the date i registered. I registered on December the 7th. Today is the 28th of January. That's been 3 months and 21 days.

Dont go bad mouthing other peoples intelligence when you clearly cant even count  rolleyes.gif And Klatu is right about you Trevante, ive seen some of your other posts, you're a complete arrogant dick who tends to speak in a condesending manner to others  dry.gif  ok then. Should i feel bad now?

beerchug.gif

Wait - when do you mess with the eeprom? Isn't the eeprom the thing that holds the unique number that XBox Live blocks? Does it hold some other data as well? And why exactly do you need multiple bioses anyways? What's the difference between them? You say there's a Linux BIOS - why do you need a seperate Linux BIOS? I mean I don't have a seperate BIOS for Linux on my computer... I actually ended up getting a Xenium - but I'm modchipping a friend's xbox in a couple days (it shall be my third victim) and I'd like to make a good choice in choosing his chip. Thanks!

the eeprom holds various data (like what region your xbox is, what video it outputs (pal or ntsc), what your HDD password is, and other stuff like that). The xenium can backup your eeprom to the chip so that if it ever gets erased, you can restore it.

multiple bioses are simply so that
1. you have a backup bios to rely on if for some reason one of your other bioses get erased or corrupt.
2. Sometimes using a different bios helps solve various problems (like games freezing), so it's nice to be able to just switch the bios instead of having to reflash to see if the bios would fix your problem
3. so you have something to fill up your xbit with tongue.gif

As far as the linux bios (cromwell), that is used to either flash your chip via CD (for chips w/o external flashers) or install linux.

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »

You would use a linux BIOS on your xbox over the other BIOSes as it is 100% custom written for running linux. The other BIOSes are only really for playing games on, though you could use them to run linux.

You can find all you want to really know about it by clicking HERE.

I'd suggest you get your friend a Xenium too.

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (lebriznon @ Jan 30 2004, 06:28 AM)
a million is one thousand thousands, a billion is a thousand millions, and a trillion is a thousand billions.

Actually "billion" is only an american term for 1000 million, the true name for 1000 million is "milliard" though "thousand million" is correct too. But its just far easier to say billion in this day and age, as no one really cares, its all the same thing. Plus the poor old americans would feel dumb for not knowing any better tongue.gif

But i must agree with you, i had a little laugh at his post  biggrin.gif

But he was in a sence right, as once upon a time a "billion" WAS a million million  wink.gif

EDIT: He's just about 30 years behind, as thats around how long ago it changed  cool.gif Oh and i should also note that if he is from continental europe then he is infact actually 100% correct in what he said, as they still use the old denotation for billions  smile.gif

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (nleahcim @ Jan 29 2004, 03:29 AM)
QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 29 2004, 03:10 AM)
if he mentioned the xenium he was ready to spend the extra cash for quality

actually I ordered a Xecuter 2.3b lite from modchipman after they told me that they would be shipping early this week. I just got an e-mail from them again today and they said that they don't expect to get them in any time soon and that I can "upgrade" to a more expensive chip - the Xenium - for $18. I just wanted to know if there was any reason to spend the extra cash. I think I'll just ask for a refund and find someplace that has them in stock.

I cant see how $18 is gona break the bank. I would just invest the $18 and get the top of the line chip and be happy that you own the best.

Also I dought you will find any X2.3 lites anywere for some time yet.
Pages: 1 [2]