xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advantage Of Senium Over Xecuter 2.3b Lite?  (Read 145 times)

Klatu

• Archived User
Advantage Of Senium Over Xecuter 2.3b Lite?
« on: January 28, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

i like the xbit out of all the choices  ph34r.gif   2 meg bios with usb flashing and easy ass solderless install...  how could ya go wrong?

nleahcim

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 28 2004, 10:22 PM)
i like the xbit out of all the choices  ph34r.gif   2 meg bios with usb flashing and easy ass solderless install...  how could ya go wrong?

But why would you even need a modchip with a 2mb bios?

Klatu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (nleahcim @ Jan 28 2004, 04:25 PM)
i like the xbit out of all the choices  ph34r.gif   2 meg bios with usb flashing and easy ass solderless install...  how could ya go wrong?

why not?

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 28 2004, 11:32 PM)
i like the xbit out of all the choices  ph34r.gif   2 meg bios with usb flashing and easy ass solderless install...  how could ya go wrong?

why not?

because all bios's are 256k or 512k and no one needs more then 2 bios's

nleahcim

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

i like the xbit out of all the choices  ph34r.gif   2 meg bios with usb flashing and easy ass solderless install...  how could ya go wrong?

why not?

Because it costs like $20 extra.

Klatu

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (nleahcim @ Jan 28 2004, 04:39 PM)

why not?

X2.3B Lite PLUS   $55.99  
OzXodus Xenium $56.00
XBIT   $56.00  

huh.gif

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 28 2004, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (nleahcim @ Jan 28 2004, 04:39 PM)

why not?

X2.3B Lite PLUS   $55.99  
OzXodus Xenium $56.00
XBIT   $56.00  

huh.gif

he said lite, not lite plus. the lite is 35 dollars

it's there if you ever need it. why have 1000 billion dollars when 100 billion will get you by the rest of your life? more is always better 

actually, it's 1 trillion, not 1000 billion.  The point tho, is that why have all that extra stuff when you won't even have the opportunity to use all of it? I seriously doubt that one person could need or use 1 trillion dollars, just as a person probably wouldn't need or use more than 2 bioses. Maybe three at the most, but then he could just get a pro if he needed to.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »

i have to agree with klatu, i am a dedicated xecutor fan, but the xbit deffinaltely has its possitive sides. but why does it matter, almost all modchips do the same things, if one has specific features, they will be listed on the xbox scene modchip comparison table, just pick either

a. one you like for whatever reason
b. whichever one does what you need but is still the cheapest

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 29 2004, 12:16 AM)
if he was to get the 2.3b lite with the solderless features like the xbit he would be spending the same amount.  and he wouldn't have usb bios updating and have half the amount of bios space..  you get more for what you pay for when going with xbit

why are you clowns dogging on a chip with an over abundance of memory that sells for the same price as chips with half the memory and less features blink.gif

i think ya'll just like to sackride xecutor for some reason...

well he obviously doesn't want a solderless chip if he wants the lite and not the lite plus. We all know that soldered connections are better....

maybe he doesn't care about bios updating either. besides that, all he has to do is flash one bank w/ a hacked bios, and leave cromwell on the other, and he can always switch banks if he has  a bad flash on the other bank. besides that, no confusing dipswitches on the Xecuter 2.3b lite.

i'm not dogging the chip, i'm just saying that it's kind of an overkill.. 2mb of memory? for what? that's 8 different bioses you can use, but is one really gonna use all that? Now if it was the same price as the X 2.3 lite, then i would agree with you. But seeing as how the xbit is more expensive than the 2.3 lite, i wouldn't recommend it unless he needed those features.

anyways, to the thread starter, i think a xenium would probably be better. It doesn't have any sort of programmer, but u don't need to worry bout that. If u don't get the xenium, get the xbit. IF not, wait for either, wait for the Xecuter 3.

So because one likes Xecuter chips, they're sackriding? How bout you not flame people for their preferences.

nleahcim

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (thewickedjester @ Jan 29 2004, 12:25 AM)
i have to agree with klatu, i am a dedicated xecutor fan, but the xbit deffinaltely has its possitive sides. but why does it matter, almost all modchips do the same things, if one has specific features, they will be listed on the xbox scene modchip comparison table, just pick either

Exactly - to me it seems all modchips do the exact same thing. I'd never touch a solderless modchip btw - I'm no pussy. Seriously is there ANY reason for me to get a Xenium or some other gen. 4 chip? I don't see the need for more than one bios - and the xecuter 2.3b lite can already hold 2...

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

ok who cares.

if all you're doing is personal xbox modding for your own use, then get whatevers cheapest. chances are, you'll never touch the chip or open the xbox again.  so get whatever is easier for you to find and cheaper.  the end result is still the same no matter what chip you choose.

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 29 2004, 01:24 AM)
look genius rolleyes.gif  i wasn't flaming anyone, i was the one who was flamed for bringing up the xbit.  you can have it wired in if you want, you don't have to keep it wireless.  and it's the same price as the xenium.  and dip switches are confusing?  blink.gif  riiiight

you just like to follow me in threads, flame on me, then go off about how you are an xbox genius cuz you have 800 posts and call everyone a noob even though you registered a month ago.  get a life pal. just cuz you post 10 times in 1 thread jumping someone's ass over and over doesn't make you intelligent.  you must've had about 10 typos and that was after you edited your post so stop trying to make yourself look better by jumping on other people's cases

no one flamed you. We gave logical reasons as to why he shouldn't spend the xtra 20 dollars for stuff that isn't needed.  But if one likes Xecuter, he's a sackrider according to you. That's flaming.

And yes you can have it wired, but why pay extra for the included solderless parts when he's gonna be soldering?

i do not follow you into threads. i do not flame you (and if I do, find a post where i do). I do not claim to be a genius. You need to drop this old bullshit. You acted immature in that thread and started calling me a newbie based on my registration date (which you couldn't even get right). I have been registered for more than a month. Look at the date i registered. I registered on December the 7th. Today is the 28th of January. That's been 3 months and 21 days. And look at your registration date. You've haven't been here a month. And you're talking about my regsitration date?

I don't know what you're talking about in the last part....

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (nleahcim @ Jan 29 2004, 02:04 AM)
QUOTE (thewickedjester @ Jan 29 2004, 12:25 AM)

Exactly - to me it seems all modchips do the exact same thing. I'd never touch a solderless modchip btw - I'm no pussy. Seriously is there ANY reason for me to get a Xenium or some other gen. 4 chip? I don't see the need for more than one bios - and the xecuter 2.3b lite can already hold 2...

just get the X2.3b lite and you'll be set...

itsame

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

tongue.gif

nleahcim

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Trevante @ Jan 29 2004, 02:16 AM)
QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 29 2004, 01:24 AM)
look genius rolleyes.gif  i wasn't flaming anyone, i was the one who was flamed for bringing up the xbit.  you can have it wired in if you want, you don't have to keep it wireless.  and it's the same price as the xenium.  and dip switches are confusing?  blink.gif  riiiight

you just like to follow me in threads, flame on me, then go off about how you are an xbox genius cuz you have 800 posts and call everyone a noob even though you registered a month ago.  get a life pal. just cuz you post 10 times in 1 thread jumping someone's ass over and over doesn't make you intelligent.  you must've had about 10 typos and that was after you edited your post so stop trying to make yourself look better by jumping on other people's cases

no one flamed you. We gave logical reasons as to why he shouldn't spend the xtra 20 dollars for stuff that isn't needed.  But if one likes Xecuter, he's a sackrider according to you. That's flaming.

And yes you can have it wired, but why pay extra for the included solderless parts when he's gonna be soldering?

i do not follow you into threads. i do not flame you (and if I do, find a post where i do). I do not claim to be a genius. You need to drop this old bullshit. You acted immature in that thread and started calling me a newbie based on my registration date (which you couldn't even get right). I have been registered for more than a month. Look at the date i registered. I registered on December the 7th. Today is the 28th of January. That's been 3 months and 21 days. And look at your registration date. You've haven't been here a month. And you're talking about my regsitration date?

I don't know what you're talking about in the last part....

I don't want to get into the whole who's flaming bull - but am I missing something - or is that an application of the new math? 12/7 and 1/28... Sounds more like 1 month 21 days to me...
Pages: [1] 2