xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Think I Screwed My Box.....  (Read 84 times)

*G*

• Archived User
I Think I Screwed My Box.....
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

well.....sounds close to whats happening, but when i start my xbox up with the mod enabled i get the normal ms screen and the dvd doesnt open automatically, but it will open manually......i got to thinking and doing some more reading and figure i may need to clean the d0 point, by lightly scraping it......not sure if it will work, but it might as long as im careful about doing it......not unless someone else knows a way to fix it without going that far.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

as far as i know i did, except for i only had 2 blue lights, no green.......the only thing i can think of is that i must've not gotten it lined up right or when i reinstalled the drives and put the case back on it, the card might have shifted slightly when turning the box over to re-enter the screws.....not sure, but possible.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

nope.....i didn't try scrapping the d0, but thats my next plan of action.....gonna give it a try and hope i dont screw up.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

well that didn't help any.....still only get two blue lights, i had the green one to light up once or twice briefly earlier today, but now it seems impossible.....the lpc is supposed to line up with them holes....am i correct and the inner pin on the d0?

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Is there anything else I can use to clean the d0 other than the fiberglass pen, seeing as I don't have one....lol.  I tried using a very very small tipped screwdriver, but that didn't work.  Any ideas......?  I believe that may be the prob...

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

OK.....been messing with this some more and i think im getting somewhere.  i notice now that when i turn the xbox on, the chip's green light will come of for a split second then go off and when i turn the xbox back off it will flicker about 3 times really fast.....any ideas?

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

ok....got it working finally.....lol.......i installed the new bios and now i need to install evox, but do i have to link to the pc via ftp in order to install evox on the xbox or will it install just by putting it in the dvd drive...........lol...sorry, i should be doing it instead of asking....oh well......

thnx for all the help guys...
Pages: 1 [2]