xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Think I Screwed My Box.....  (Read 83 times)

*G*

• Archived User
I Think I Screwed My Box.....
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

I think I just screwed up my box.....really upsetting considering ive only had it a month.  I was trying to install the xecuter 2.3b lite plus.  Got the thing in and lined up except I couldn't get the third green light to light up, so I wiggled it slightly as stated on the xecuter site.  It lite up a couple times for me, thought I had it and finished tightening it up a bit.  I turned the power off then I turned it back on......the green lite was gone.  So I tried lineing it up again to no avail.....so I removed the modchip to try from the beginning again, but I noticed that the eject button was flashing orange and green with the mod not even hooked up.  Does this mean I F'ked up.  I would appreciate any and all help.

Thnx.

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »

Did You Had Your Tv Cables Plug In ?

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

no......i just have the case open.  the system is plugged in and the hd and dvd drives are still unhooked.  all i have done is put the chip and try to align it and see if the three lights will light up so i know that its set correctly.

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 09:21:00 AM »

You Will Get Lights Flashing When Everything Is Unplug So Put The mod In Place Screw It Little And With A Finger Push Down The Mod Down (With The Box On And The Mod On) You Should She The Green Light If So Screw The Mod In Place, If You Don't See Any Light That Means That Your Mod Is Not Align With The Lpc Points Or The D0 Point

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

thnx for the fast replies xtrem.....i was really starting to get worried that i managed to screw up something that seemed so simple after all the things i had read.  so i guess i will get back to work on trying to get this pain in the rear lined up right....if it will.....lol.

thnx again

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

No Prob Dragon You See All The Lite Plus That I Install I Never Take In Mind The Gree Light That Will Light Up When The Mod Is Align (I Never Saw That Light Lol) And They All Work Perfectly

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

hmmmmm......that makes since then, cause i've got this thing lined up the best i can get it.....but that darn green light wont show up.....but the lil red light where the switches to the chip lights up when its in where i think it should be.....so maybe i should just get it set up like that and then reconnect the drives and put the thing back together.

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

Ok So Switch The Mod On You Will Get Green On The Mod Switch And If You Are Align You Will See The Green Light On The Mod

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

well.....guess i really did screw this thing up......i screwed the chip into place and hooked the drives back up and im still getting the orange and green flashing.....crap

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

If You Put Everything Back To Place And You Get Orange Green Frag That Your Tv Cable That Is Not Plug In

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

WOOHOO!!!!  your a lifesaver xtrem.....i was just about ready to scrap the thing.....lol.  now to see if i can flash the bios properly and install evox......by the way, will i need the chip enabled when flashing and installing evox or leave it disabled?

thnx again   biggrin.gif

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »

Lol Enable And When You Flash Only Flash One Bank With 512k Bios And Always Get The Bios Or Any New Dash From The Usual Places

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »

alright......just one more quick question and then im done.....i hope...lol.  i've read something about you should back-up your harddrives c and e....i think.  i have no way of doing that at the moment, but if i decided to go on ahead and install other things to the harddrive can i set everything back to normal on the drives later on if i ever decide to without backing them up now??

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

Well apparently I've done something wrong......I turned the xbox with the chip enabled and instead of the cromwell thing showing up....it booted like it normally would.  Guess that means I didn't line the chip up correctly, right?

thrsprj

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

when i was installing my x2.3 lite+, when i had it aligned correctly. 2 blue leds, no green led when chip was enabled. Also nothing came up on my tv screen, no cromwell bios or anything ( i read in a tut. somewhere that happens with some of the new x2.3's). Although if aligned correctly the dvd tray should pop open for the new bios. hope this helps
Pages: [1] 2