xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just To Be On The Safe Side....  (Read 54 times)

*G*

• Archived User
Just To Be On The Safe Side....
« on: January 25, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »

Just wanting to be on the safe side before I start anything....lol.  I want to know if I understand the correct order of doing things.....

1.  Install the mod chip

2.  Flash the chip with x2 bios

3.  Install Evox

Is this correct.....I've already downloaded and set-up the files, so I should be set.....I think....lol.

And if I screw up flashing the bios, will it still be possible for me to play the xbox if the chip is turned off or uninstalled back to original?  I'm going to install the x2.3b lite +.  And I followed all the tutorials on the TeamXecuter site.

Sorry for all the questions....but I would rather be safe than sorry.  So if I got all this correct than I guess I should be ready to go then.....

Trevante

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

yes, everything you said was correct. If you need more help, read the newbie's guide to everything. There is a link to it in my sig.

rbmerc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

its good to be on the safe side.. i am in this guys boots also, i am pretty sure of order but not quite sure... and what is the newest evox and xecuter2 versions right now?

-merc ph34r.gif

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 06:31:00 PM »

Thanks for the help......  As far as the x2 bios version the newest and probably the last version is 4981.  Not sure what version of Evox.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

I read that you should back up your c and e drives after installing everything.....is it possible to run an ethernet cable from the xbox to the pc and transfer that way with FlashFXP or will I have to do it another way?

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

Crossover Cables Or Router Or Hub

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 04:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Klatu @ Jan 26 2004, 02:39 PM)
what causes a bad flash?  that's the biggest thing i worry about is when i flash my chip i get the bad flash that so many people have been getting lately.

If You Use A Wrong Bios To If You Whant To Be Sure Only Flash Your Mod With 516k And Not 1024k So If You Get A Bad Flash You Can Always Flash The Other Part

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 04:58:00 AM »

When You Don't Get It From The Usual Places I Never Saw A Bad Bios From There

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

I have a Westell DSL modem with a built in router........Can I hook the modem up to the pc with USB cable and then run the ethernet cable from pc to xbox.....would that work the same?

Sorry I mean't connecting the modem to pc via usb and then the modem to xbox via ethernet....

Xtrem

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

You Will Not Need 30 Files You Only Need Bios Dash And You Are Good To Go And Whait Until That You Have Everything Theres Always New Versions Of Everything Coming Out Every Week

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

Hmmm.....suppose no one knows then, I will give it a try, if not I'll just go out and buy me a hub.....lol.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

One more question...... When creating the Evox disc, do I put everything that was in the zip on the cd or just certain files?

rbmerc

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

I've read the newbie guide to everything and it shows just 3 files to put in, but I've read somewhere else to put everything inside the folder on the disc....just wanting to make sure.