xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Couple Questions On Modding.....  (Read 86 times)

*G*

• Archived User
Couple Questions On Modding.....
« on: January 02, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

I was thinking about getting the x-ecuter 2.3 lite+ and was wondering if I would have to flash the bios?  And also, how hard would it be to install this mod as I am a noob to modding and I know nothinb about soldering.....which I believe if I read things right, that the x-ecuter 2.3 lite+ is solderless.  And also.....what are the odds of screwing things up...lol.

drekkar

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

smile.gif. You dont have to flash the bios, but most likely you will want to do something with your xbox other than stare at the cromwell screen. Flashing is very easy, just get the bios you want on a cd, and put it in when you're at the cromwell screen. Opening up the xbox is very easy, just make sure (as you should in any case when working with electronics) you are grounded (no static electricity) and read the tuts smile.gif

really if you dont want to mess with soldering get the x2.3b lite plus, i'm getting one on the 7th for my dads xbox, I presume it will be much easier than a no nothing about soldering guy like me trying to get d0 smile.gif (but I got it! smile.gif)

SkateorDie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

laugh.gif and I'm an intermediat solderer

drekkar

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

tongue.gif Just make sure your LPC is clean, and when you connect the lpc wires to the chip none of them touch since the wires bend towards the chip (that was my problem x_x). Or you can use the header pin install. For d0, I just isolated it with electrical tape, and put a little flux on it with a toothpick, and it took pretty easy smile.gif then I cleaned it up with a razor, Made me feel good when the fragging stopped tongue.gif

Trajan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »

I agree, its slightly more costly .. but if you fasten the lite+ down securely it is a great mod and easy to do .. Especially if you don't feel comfortable soldering .. but if you do .. the pro is almost half the price ..
*Trajan

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

Thanks for all the replys.  It was all helpful.  But I believe I will stick with the solderless still as I don't wanna take my chances with the soldering...lol.  But let me ask this, what is the point in rubbing alcohol over the points and the d0??  And not to be too much of a pain....could someone direct me to a good tutorial on doing this type of mod?

And thanks once again for all the help....

itsame

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

what is the point in rubbing alcohol over the points and the d0??

Clean contact points make for a better connection.