xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: $20 To Whoever Can Tell Me Why My Xbox Is Stupid  (Read 139 times)

chefelf

• Archived User
$20 To Whoever Can Tell Me Why My Xbox Is Stupid
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »

Well does your modchip have a BIOS flashed to it?  If so then boot up an Evox HDD disc and format the new drive... then boot with a regular Evox CD to FTP files to the new drive.

starwarznut

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »

Its on the back of the harddrive. I looks like a plug with some little gold pins with a little piece of plastic covering 2 of the pins. Look under the drive or on top and you should see a diagram with a picture of the jumper settings. You want the drive to be set to CABLE SELECT. Just grab that little piece of plastic with your fingernails or tweezers and pull it off. Then reinsert it in the right slot for CABLE SELECT that you see on the diagram.  Try to get that far and tell me if you still have any problems.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

Ok i am going to try some stuff be back soon

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2003, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (aphrodite @ Nov 6 2003, 08:47 PM)
What about these refresh disks I have Heard about? does anyone think that may solve my problem?

error #7 = timeout error

this means that your HDD is prolly screwed and gone to HDD hell sad.gif

if you do not have the HDD key you are screwed mate I am afraid, had the same problem myself once.

only solution is to get a mod chip, if you allready have a mod chip you should be able to boot a disk like slayers and get it working.

the reason your  PC HDD wont work is because its not locked (and even if it was it would need the correct HDD key)

Sorry it aint good news

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2003, 10:55:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

but unless you have ran evox (or another ap for doing this) and backed up the HDD key, I dont beleive there is any simple way to get the key.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2003, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (chefelf @ Nov 6 2003, 08:45 PM)
Well does your modchip have a BIOS flashed to it?  If so then boot up an Evox HDD disc and format the new drive... then boot with a regular Evox CD to FTP files to the new drive.

I tried this but thats exactly my problem, for some reason it wont boot (i know it should thats how i did my first HDD)

And i checked the jumpers and they are on CS ENABLED, so that should be good, right?

My bios are X24977

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2003, 11:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hercules Q Einstein @ Nov 6 2003, 09:14 PM)
[And i checked the jumpers and they are on CS ENABLED, so that should be good, right?

Yep all is good then.

It was just a idea, sorry it didnt work out for you sad.gif

haveing not used anything like Slayers (or any other install disk) i cant be of much help now,

hope you get it sorted mate smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]