xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: -!)r@g()n-'s Xbox  (Read 98 times)

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« on: June 18, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

Yep. I'm a n00b. This is my first. It probably won't be as good (or original) as other more experianced modder's Boxes, so don't expect much...

Anyway, before we get to the pix, here is what I plan to do:

Hardwired internal DVD dongel
Custom jewel with cold cathode (red) and fan
Paint job
Custom controller jewels with LED lighting (red)
Dongle LEDs (red)
Controller port LEDs (red)
Underglow (neon red)
12v Fan mod
On/Off button on controller(s) (Caution red with glass over them. You know, kind of like 'The Button' in those end of the world type movies.)

and maybe a modchip, but I'm thinking I don't want to really do that. I've already got a Live kit and turning the chip on and off sounds difficult, so it probably won't happen.

You guys can suggest other things if you want to, but the above are the only ones set in stone.

That's it, time for the pix. This is what I have done so far:

The Box (I plan to paint the front panel and the 'X' with grey Krylon Fusion and that 'Make it Stone!' stuff.)
(IMG:http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Xeven/1Box.jpg)
The Bezel
(IMG:http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Xeven/1Bezel.jpg)

And here is the stuff I plan to put on:

The Cathode
(IMG:http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Xeven/1CC.jpg)
The Underglow (I'm using an Xbox powered kit from www.thepcmodshop.com )
(IMG:http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Xeven/1XboxModBase.jpg)
The Jewels. The four headed dragon thing is for the Box and the Tribal lizards are for the controllers.
(IMG:http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Xeven/1Jewels.jpg)

This post has been edited by -!)R@G()N-: Jun 19 2004, 12:56 PM

green_beetle

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

i like the flames. it will be interesting what this xbox turns out like
:beer: good luck with it

Mabalzitch

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

when you went to the site and looked at the base glow kit did they specify whether or not the actual mod sits underneith the xbox or if it actually attached to the xbox itself???

Himura

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

looks nice.

I cant wait for the jewel too.

and dont worry about it being as good as the more experienced modders, cuz ur box looks great.

twisted.penguin

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mabalzitch @ Jun 19 2004, 07:31 AM)
when you went to the site and looked at the base glow kit did they specify whether or not the actual mod sits underneith the xbox or if it actually attached to the xbox itself???

It sits underneith.

myst1x

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »

Looks pretty good...I like the DVD bezel and the top.  The underglow kit is pretty cool too.  Nice box.

TownJew

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 03:28:00 AM »

I have to say, that is pretty original and looks like it has a alot of potential. About that modchip, just get one with a switch, like the xecuter series, or xenium or smartxx. Otherwise you can make a switch for all of the modchips. It is on and off with the flick of a switch, very simple.

bucko

• Recovered User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 04:21:00 AM »

Very good, perhaps you could just leave this as your live xbox and get another one for running your backups. Xbox's are very cheap nowerdays.

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mabalzitch)
When you went to the site and looked at the base glow kit did they specify whether or not the actual mod sits underneith the xbox or if it actually attached to the xbox itself???

It that's not important. I'll figure out how to attach it even if it isn't supposed to. I mean, that's what modding is about. Right?

QUOTE (bucko)
Very good, perhaps you could just leave this as your live xbox and get another one for running your backups. Xbox's are very cheap nowerdays.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on. We need another Box for Halo LAN parties anyway, so why not? That just means I need to buy six more controllers instead of two (I only have two). They're kind of expensive still (and don't suggest Mad Catz of HitHop Gear. They're cheap because they suck.)....

This post has been edited by -!)R@G()N-: Jun 19 2004, 10:52 PM

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

A little update. I'm not as good as Palmore at making dull and boring tasks such and masking seem really, really interesting so I'll keep the updates short on text and full of pix. Here are two more:

(IMG:http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Xeven/1Top.jpg)

(IMG:http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v56/Xeven/1Front.jpg)

As you can see, the paint is done. I really like the look of the stone and flames, and I think the jewel and lighting are only going to make the flames look sweeter. I'm going to order the stuff tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to put it on in a week or two.

Garrett19

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »

wow this is cool mod and i really like to stone paint what is it by the way?

plus did you do this all in one day because you posted this topic on the same day that you posted almost the finish product and that is pretty good for a noob because i am a noob too and started on my xbox about a week ago and only about half was through good work.

This post has been edited by Garrett19: Jun 19 2004, 11:00 PM

-!)R@G()N-

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (Garrett19 @ Jun 20 2004, 01:51 AM)
wow this is cool mod and i really like to stone paint what is it by the way?

plus did you do this all in one day because you posted this topic on the same day that you posted almost the finish product and that is pretty good for a noob because i am a noob too and started on my xbox about a week ago and only about half was through good work.

That paint is called 'Make It Stone!'. It comes in a kit that you can buy at any hardware/hobby store.

This is not the finished product, by the way. I still have a lot to do. Next thing is the controllers: on/off buttons, Leds, jewels, and paint. Then I have to go back the the Box and finish the underglow, jewel, fan, system link Led, and a few other things...

Garrett19

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »

ya but you still got that stuff done pretty quick so that is good.

TownJew

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2004, 04:37:00 PM »

Eye candy, I tell ya, that is fucking beautiful. I wish I had painting skillz. I can't wait to see the finished product.  :D

green_beetle

• Archived User
-!)r@g()n-'s Xbox
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

wow! that is l33txors -!)r@g()n-
i like how you did the orange and yellow tinge
and the texture is just brilliant