xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Basic Understanding About Mod  (Read 72 times)

PsychoZX

• Archived User
Basic Understanding About Mod
« on: September 10, 2002, 11:16:00 PM »

If you go with the openxbox I would recommend loading it with Evox 2.4

Demon

• Archived User
Basic Understanding About Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2002, 07:20:00 AM »

Unsigned Code : This is homebrew code not written or "signed" by MS.  Emulators and such that appear on the scene are examples of homebrew code.

Debug Executables : I believe these are executables that are created with the SDK.  Normally you have to patch the SDK executables to make a proper XBE.  I believe this means the chip will allow the program to run even without an XBE patch.

No Patch Hack : Not 100%, but as an educated guess, I'd say you don't have to patch an XBE to play it.

Macrovision Off : Disables the Macrovision Copy Protections so you can run your XBox through a VCR or other component without loosing picture quality.

Eject Trick : You can press the eject button without restarting your machine.  You can simulate this with any mod that allows you to install Evolution X to the HD.  By running the dashboard off the HD, you get one eject before the system restarts.

If I were to buy a Mod, I'd go with the Openxbox chip and the Evolution X 2.3 BIOS.  I haven't tried the new 2.4, so I can't recommend it.  However, it is probably fine, too!

:d: