xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can I Copy A Original Game With Just My Pc  (Read 2471 times)

Xeero

• Archived User
Can I Copy A Original Game With Just My Pc
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2003, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (xviaox @ Jul 17 2003, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (ThorSPL @ Jun 23 2003, 06:21 PM)
What about if one were to take an Xbox DVD drive and put in it their PC.....

Say a person has a broken xbox or buys one from somebody and attaches it to their PC.....

Wouldn't that be ILLEGAL?????  Copyright laws are everywhere and I don't think you can discuss this topic in this forum.

How is this illegal?  What copyright is it violating?

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2002, 02:35:00 AM »

beerchug.gif  love.gif

Intelligoth

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2003, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (xviaox @ Jul 17 2003, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (ThorSPL @ Jun 23 2003, 06:21 PM)
What about if one were to take an Xbox DVD drive and put in it their PC.....

Say a person has a broken xbox or buys one from somebody and attaches it to their PC.....

Wouldn't that be ILLEGAL?????  Copyright laws are everywhere and I don't think you can discuss this topic in this forum.

Xviaox:

So it's illegal to take an IDE drive from a console and install it in your PC...  Okay, let me guess, you took the $5 law course instead of the $10 one?   Dude, it's not even illegal to open up your Xbox.  Warranty voiding, yes, but certainly NOT illegal.

jackyl_816

This question has been answered again and again and again.  In fact It gets asked every 2 days or so by about 3 different people.  Search the FAQs.  The short answer is no, you cannot read an Xbox DVD in a PC DVD drive.  The data is encrypted and from what I understand, an Xbox DVD Drive won't work in a PC.  However there are plenty of tutorials that tell you how to FTP into your Xbox (provided it's been modded and can run Evox).  Once you have FTP access you can... FTP files back and forth... fill in the blanks.  wink.gif

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

if you take a modded samsung drive that has the firmware from a retail samsung xbox dvdrom, it WILL work in your PC, but the BIOS of your PC is what limits you from reading the disc correctly.

That is all.

Heykrop

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2003, 05:31:00 AM »

I had thought about this but never tried it. Anyone got a clue if this would work.

Starting with what we know. A PC bios will only attempt to read a disc from the inside out and XBOX is outside in.   I also thought that the XBOX drive spins in reverse when reading a game disc.  Correct me if I'm wrong on that.    

Here is my thought.  What if we took a drive and reversed the power connections to the spindle motor as well as the sled motor and then moved the sled all the way out to the edge before putting it back together.  
Would the drive not spin in reverse and the optics would be at the outer edge and eventhough it thought it was reading from the inside > out it would be actually reading outside > in.

If this worked then it would be possible, eventhough so many people don't like it, to use XISO to read the DVD drive as you would still need a way to read the XBFS file system.

What do you think?

jokk

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »

Is that a joke ?

No xbox disc are not written backward :

PC drive reads TOC on layer 1 when the "real" TOC of xbox disc is on layer 2...
Layer 1 on xbox disc contains a DVD video compatible datas...
Pages: 1 2 [3]