xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)  (Read 1685 times)

wentsen

• Archived User
Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 05:39:00 AM »

great faq
solved so many of my probs

Cking3rdi

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

Thanks mr.Robinson your explination worked perfect.  Got my problems fixed!!

now if i can only figure out how to find the apps i lost when i upgraded my evoX...

sableholic

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

"Thanks for the great guide, just wanted to let you know on my version of XP when I configured my tcp/ip connection there was a tab for alternative configuration which made it alot easier when working with one network card. I left the general tab alone and put all my xbox info in the alternative tab, now when Im hooked to my xbox it looks at the general tab first and when it cant connect there it automatically goes to the xbox config. Alot easier than creating bat files. Thanks for all your help. Hope this makes sense "

I tried that. I put my settings into the alternative config but it doesnt work when I try that. It does work when I put it in the general tab. Was there something else u did? mine seems to just see it cant connect on the general one and not try the alternative

Tshuk

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2004, 02:12:00 AM »

Hi
I have a weird problem with my ftp connection!
Everything worked perfectly unless I started Ninja Gaiden last week and accidentally tried to start a live game. The xbox wasn't connected but the dash seems to be updated. Since then I can't ftp-connect to my xbox any more. After the update I couldn't even start the msdash anymore, so I restored the backuped c-partition I made before I used slayers2.5 to build up the upgraded hd. The backuped c-partition contained an old non-live dash. Could sb plz help me?

I read something that the dash could be the problem. But I don't know how to fix it. I restored the dash with the slayers cd but then I got the error 13 during starting the msdash. Am I missing sth?

Thx in advance for your good advice smile.gif

ReGuRGiTaToR

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

Thanx for the tut it helped save the little hair i have left on my head !!!!!!!!!

Iv'e been ftp'ing my xbox for 18 months with no problems then overnight it all went tits up...... i used my usuall settings and no luck ..... 2 days solid of trying things out didnt work so i turned to your tut and it solved my problems ( still dont know what they were ) the only diff in your tut to what i was doing was that you leave the gateway blank ....

Cheers anyway

Dr_Doom

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »

Hi. If anyone could help me out I would be really grateful.

I've followed the guide exactly but I can't get a connection. My Xbox is linked straight to my pc with a crossover cable into a Realtek RTL8139 pci NIC. The evox settings screen says 'type Static' and 'IP 192.168.0.3' etc
I can ping 127.0.0.1 and I get a response.
If I try to ping 192.168.0.3 it says Destination host unreachable. On
flashfxp it says 'no route to host' when I try and connect.
The evox.ini is the same as in the guide and I’ve tried the troubleshooting.

My 'ipconfig /all' file looks like this;

Windows IP Configuration:
             Host Name ………………..Computer
             Primary Dns Suffix………...
             Node Type………………… Unknown
             IP Routing Enabled……….. No      
             WINS Proxy Enabled……... No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:
              Connection-specific DNS Suffix……….
              Description…………..Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Ethernet NIC
              Physical Address……..00-50-FC-AA-63-52
              Dhcp Enabled…………No   
              IP Address…………….198.168.0.2
              Subnet Mask…………..255.255.255.0
              Default Gateway………

If any one can help I would be very very grateful…
Thanks.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

Dr  Doom, you should start a thread in the newbie Chat forum so lots of people can help you.  You have the simplest setup so there isn't much that can be wrong.  Maybe bad crossover cable, firewall turned on, or something basic like that.

Dr_Doom

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »

I've managed to get it working now thanks. Don't know where i'd gone wrong but at least its working!  smile.gif

goobes109

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »

smile.gif

First off, I just have a regular, crappy, dial-up modem on Win98.  sad.gif

1. What does NIC mean?
2. I heard you need to setup a LAN to FTP, is that true? I don't have a network or anything, I just connect to AOL; that's it.
3. All the things I need is an ethernet jack and a crossover cable, right? I guess I could buy those things at Radio Shack...

Thanks.  beerchug.gif

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

1. Network Interface Card
2. No, buy you need an ethernet port from a NIC...
3.  Yes.  Run a crossover cable from your pc direct to xbox... that's it.  If your computer doesn't have an ethernet port (NIC) of any kind then buy one you can install to it to connect the crossover to.

aznstyle

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

I have a di-624 and i just bought a MS xbox bridge on sale for 60$
I'm having trouble getting the bridge to register w/ the router via dhcp ive put my xbox as static ips for a while now but i wanted to go wireless

I get an error like 0000x in Avalaunch
Please Help thanks!

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

Create a new thread in Newbie chat with your problem, it'll get more attention there.  Did you setup the msft adapter via the xbox dash?  You'll have to do that first if you didn't.

nfs924

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

Windows XP has its own FTP program built in, jsut goto my computer, and in the address bar, type ftp://192.168.X.XXX  Fill in the "x" with your IP Address. Once it connect, just enter xbox as passowrd and as username.

goobes109

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

OK, I went to an electronic store, and... I couldn't find a NIC card which is an ethernet port? I saw something called a PCI card thing which you install into your computer... is that the same thing? Can someone show me an image of what these NIC's look like or link me to one on an online store please, because I have no idea what I'm looking for...  uhh.gif
Although, I did manage to get a Belkin brand, CAT5e Crossover Cable -- For Computer-to Computer Connection - Patch Cable - RJ45 Male/Female
That is the right cable, right?  dry.gif

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

goobes109:  A NIC is a Network Interface Card, an ethernet port is the actual port that is on the card... the card or NIC could be PCI, could be a usb adapter or pcmcia for notebooks, etc. there are various kinds.  I don't know all the kinds that would work in your desktop or laptop, why don't you just ask a guy in a store since you don't have a clue about it either?  Once you get an ethernet port of some type on your computer just connect the crossover from that to the port on the back of the xbox then use the settings from my guide above.

nfs924:  Its actually the browser that handles the ftp protocol and all the popular main browsers can do it, IE, netscape, opera, mozilla.  This is also discussed in my guide if you want to read the whole thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8