xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)  (Read 1683 times)

Cenron

• Archived User
Networking your Xbox (the best guide so far...)
« on: January 05, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

sad.gif  I tried config 2 and I get this "The route addition failed: The parameter is incorrect."

I put this..

route –p add 192.168.0.3 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.2 METRIC 1 IF 3

cause I want to use "0x3 ...00 40 05 04 01 e2 ...... Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - P" So I changed IF to 3.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

Well that's right, you can try to leave off the metric 1 part cause it isn't needed.
but chances are you probably don't need to add a static route, you could just change the subnet.  I should update that section to be a little more clear.

paste the output of an ipconfig /all in here and we'll see what you have going on... I assume you have one nic out to the internet and one with a crossover to your xbox?
Also you could make your own thread so more people would read it and respond.

rumba

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

I struggled for weeks trying to get my pc to hook up with xbox and it wasn't until I came across this forum and more specifically this post that I finally got it working! Thanks - excellent work

digital021

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

First off thnx goes out to mrRobinson for such a great tutorial  love.gif

Ok now to my questions and rants  muhaha.gif  

Question: I followed step 2 in the tutorial since I have 2 nics in my pc, one going to my xbox and the second going the router that inturn connects to my cable modem.  I'm able to connect to my xbox via ftp but I also want the xbox to have access to live.  So I enabled ICS to my nic card thats going to my router but in doing so this results in not being able to thru ftp to xbox and I still cant go on live sad.gif

Rant: I think you also should in the turtorial a link or method to disable media sense in the pc.  It's pretty annoying to have a disconnet icon when the xbox isnt on.

thnx

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

Once you enabled ICS you can set static ip = no in your evox.ini.  Did you do that?

As far as disabling the card, you can just right click on it and select disable if you are using windows xp.  Some people won't find it annoying though and don't mind seeing the disconnect icon in their taskbar.  Plus I'd have to tell people how to disable it in windows xp, 2000, ME, 98, etc. and then I'd have to tell them how to enable it again if they wanted to use that nic...  

digital021

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (mrRobinson @ Jan 25 2004, 07:16 AM)
Once you enabled ICS you can set static ip = no in your evox.ini.  Did you do that?

As far as disabling the card, you can just right click on it and select disable if you are using windows xp.  Some people won't find it annoying though and don't mind seeing the disconnect icon in their taskbar.  Plus I'd have to tell people how to disable it in windows xp, 2000, ME, 98, etc. and then I'd have to tell them how to enable it again if they wanted to use that nic...

I set static ip = no and now everything is working great   beerchug.gif except know I get random ip address in evox everytime I boot up the xbox.  Can I assign a static IP to fix this problem?

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »

yes but make it on the same subnet you are on now and put the gateway address in of that nic in your pc it is connecting to.

StanKo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

I'va a Pc on First Floor and Xbox in ground floor, my speed with direct PC-->Xbox is 10Mbps, (100 is no possibile :\ )with cross cable. I was tried the hub for increase the speed to 100Mbps with only patch cable, but if i plug the hub near the Pc don't work, instead if i plug the hub near the xbox, the upload PC-->Xbox is OK 100Mbps,(if i use only cross cable) but the download is 10kb :\

HELP ME  sad.gif  sad.gif  uhh.gif

Sorry for my english  blink.gif

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »

If I understand you correctly, seems like could be a problem with compatibility with your pc nic.  Going direct with crossover pc to xbox there could be compatibility issues with the speed/duplex settings or even the driver.  Which the hub could alleviate.  So there may be nothing you can do except update driver for your nic or try a different one.

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

**Guide UPDATED**
  • Added avalaunch configuration examples
  • Modified formatting
  • Added Xbox to Xbox transfers section
  • Re-worded some sections to help make it more clear.

I actually think this guide is "done" now.  If anyone can think of other sections to add or expand on let me know.

silvrhawk

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »

Thanks for the great guide, just wanted to let you know on my version of XP when I configured my tcp/ip connection there was a tab for alternative configuration which made it alot easier when working with one network card. I left the general tab alone and put all my xbox info in the alternative tab, now when Im hooked to my xbox it looks at the general tab first and when it cant connect there it automatically goes to the xbox config. Alot easier than creating bat files. Thanks for all your help. Hope this makes sense

illogic

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »

You fixed my problem!!!

Thank you so much.

beerchug.gif

lando786

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

either the switch or the power button enable/diasable feature amount bought will depend on price plz lemme know if you have any THX

mrRobinson

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (silvrhawk @ Mar 2 2004, 02:08 PM)
Thanks for the great guide, just wanted to let you know on my version of XP when I configured my tcp/ip connection there was a tab for alternative configuration which made it alot easier when working with one network card. I left the general tab alone and put all my xbox info in the alternative tab, now when Im hooked to my xbox it looks at the general tab first and when it cant connect there it automatically goes to the xbox config. Alot easier than creating bat files. Thanks for all your help. Hope this makes sense

Makes perfect sense.  If or when I do an update I'll mention that as an option or alternative to a network switch with bat files or manually.  Thanks, good suggestion.

Dougiefresh

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

I followed what you said & still wasnt able to connect. im trying to transfer so game saves over to my hd.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8