xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Xbox Flashes Green And Red After Mod  (Read 238 times)

godsyn

• Archived User
My Xbox Flashes Green And Red After Mod
« on: June 13, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »

please help, the numbers appear to be off.. I'm rebooting after three seconds, then flashing again (colors depend on how long i hold the power button) then rebooting again to either yellow / red or green / red flashing..... no video is displayed... aladdin 64 in a xbox 1.5 (i think). chip was obtained form modchipstore.com (claims to be pre-flashed).

-maximus-

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

It wasn't me that modchipped my xbox, it was a friend. Where is this L2 PIN?

description of my problem:
I'm having a similar problem recently.
I've an Xbox for a long time, v1.1, uses an X-tender-based modchip (29 solder points). It never had any errors, but after transporting it back from the last LAN, it wouldn't turn on normally. It boots up 3 times, as described, and on the third time a red an green light goes on. Resets date all the time.

deja-vu

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 04:18:00 AM »

Ok i have thesame prob. but what happened to me was when i was soldering my D0 to modchip when suddent wire brokeout and touched the BT. My xbox rebooted, off then rebooted again then off again, then rebooted blinking red/green : FRAG

Any body know how to short it back again?? or is there any way??

thchardcore

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 02:56:00 AM »

Me too, same problem. I was wondering if this is linked to unstable bios too?

cameleon75

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »

This is probably the most fitting thread for me to post my problem.  I have had my xbox modded for about 2yrs now give or take a million game plays, I had someone mod it for me because i know my limitations... However now i have a problem....

My xbox doesn't boot anymore.... I get that blinking red/green led on front w/ the "your xbox is totally screwed and contact M$ to get your pos fixed."   The originial sounds load, and the first screen loads but then i get the error "07" in upper left hand corner and xbox requires service.  

Whats gone wrong?  Any suggestions?  Do I need to update my version of evox?  I know how to ftp games over and have very limited knowledge of whats inside, but have opened it up and checked stuff out and haven't had problems like this before..

Any suggestions or other questions you guys may have that will assist me in fixing this w/o having to get a new chip installed would be sweet.   I'll be checking this string in the next few weeks for any suggestions you guys have.  Thanks for a sweet ass site.  

Cameleon75 beerchug.gif   Cheers!

henhauser

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

Ok think i have the same problem as you guys! I have installed an alladin modchip in my xbox - but when it starts it does the following:
flashes red yellow green, and boots again. Flashes red yellow green once more, boots again. And now it stays on blinking red yellow green, with no tv-screen at all.

Anyone knows what is wrong - please?    

Psychoschiz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

I know this doesnt help anyone else with the same problem, but i to suffer from this.
I have a v1.3 xbox, an X2 lite.
I have never had any problems with my xbox, but when i moved house a month ago, and since then I have also been having problems.

When I turn the xbox on, it resets it self 3 times, on the 3rd reset I have a blinking red and green light and no audio or video output.

The thing with this is that it is intermitant,

When i diable my x2 chip using the swith that came with it, I get it booting into the MS dash fine ( HDD LOCKED ) and I can use normally.

Im assuming there is a fix for this, but I can not seem to sort it.
I have checked all my connections, D0 seems ok, ltp points look ok, usb connector is ok, and looks like the power to the x2 is ok.

But clearly i am missing something.
any help would be appreciated.

mrkyle

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

im kinda in the same boat my box used to work fine boot up first time everytime as it grew older sometimes it would take 2-3 times before booting and then it took 5-8 times and now well i sit there for 20-30 minutes at a time trying to make the xbox start properly but alls i get it the on off on off on flashing green red green red green red and when i disable the modchip it goes to the contact M$ to service machine with the error code 05 in the upper left hand corner ive gotten it to work once in the past month and as for making sure no wires are or solders are touching i opened it up and the solders are small and as clean as could possibly be what could be causeing this malfunction and what can be done to fix it someone please help

e2speedballr

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(cameleon75 @ Sep 17 2004, 02:39 AM)
My xbox doesn't boot anymore.... I get that blinking red/green led on front w/ the "your xbox is totally screwed and contact M$ to get your pos fixed."   The originial sounds load, and the first screen loads but then i get the error "07" in upper left hand corner and xbox requires service. 

me too, except i havent done any mod to it, just took it apart to get a feel for it. I put it together w/o the screws and now it gives me that exact same message.

Freezer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2003, 12:51:00 AM »

FACT :
1) Installed Aladdin Mod into Xbox 1.4/1.5

2) After installing the aladdin mod into what you think is an xbox 1.5 the xbox boots three times and then proceeds to flash red and green.

3) The mod BIOS boots up fine.

4) The original BIOS boots up ONLY if you set the time from the Mod BIOS.

5) The clock keeps on resetting itself. [/B]

This can be caused by the following reseans.

1) The L2 pin you soldered on  the mod chip has touched the small pin hole next to it. I am talking about Pin 2 on the motherboard not the L2 connection for HD led lights.

2) You have wired the Xbox up as a 1.5 xbox when in fact it is a 1.4 xbox. Both MAY have the focus chip.  The easiest was to find out it to wired it as a 1.4 and see if she boots up.
If you really want to check it, you must check the voltage on the L2 pin with the Xbox turned on. It should be a steady 0volts and 3.3 volts on the pin across from the pin that is 5 pins up from L2. Wiring up the box a 1.5 will drain the time settings.

3) If your solder job is nice and big, ensure you gently scratch the gaps between each metal plate on the mod chip to ensure there is no shortage between them.

Set your clock and have fun.