xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modchip Needed Or Not? I Don't Get It...  (Read 290 times)

webscripter

• Archived User
Modchip Needed Or Not? I Don't Get It...
« on: June 05, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

because this flashes your original bios.  This means you can't switch between a normal, virgin, bios and your illegal bios.  If you would want to go on live you have to be able to switch between them, hence needing a chip.  If you don't have any intentions of using live you can use the 007 method and send me your eeprom  tongue.gif

SaSkuAtch

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

Is it possible to back up your eeprom and everytime you wanna play LIVE you just switch your dash files back to the backuped original files?

jokercs

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »

Your dash files are actually on your harddrive. If you flash over the original bios, you'll never be able to play xbox live. If you use a modchip, you can than turn it on and off which will allow you to play on xbox live.

Orgness

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

im sure it is but i would just get a cheap mod for 20 bux and then you dont have to worry bout it.

Casper1786

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 02:04:00 AM »

well backing up ur EEPROM is a good idea, but doing so only needs 2 be done once, most usful in resurecting a Locked HDD 2 a Dead Mobo. also changing files around all the time could lead 2 new problems, files missing, wrong files an a banned EEPROM, truth is that it's just easier 2 get a chip and use a hacked bios that can boot your replacemnet Dash off the E, F or even G drive, that way u never mess up ur C drive, an all u have 2 do is turn off your Chip 2 boot your stock BIOS for XBL

cablematrix

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

Get a Chip and save the headace.
Most of the new chips out are solderless anyway. happy.gif
Chips are easy to flash, disable, and upgrade.
happy.gif

mikesu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 05:52:00 AM »

I don't own xbox, might buy it if it would serve me as dvd player/linux gateway. Read bazillion of tutorials. Some say "you anyway need modchip" some say "no you don't" some say "it's more comfortable with modchip".

Since there is an error in 007/Mech that allows to run unsigned code, plus it is possible to flash onboard bios after soldering some contacts, why does one still need a modchip??? Why isn't it possible to just flash onboard bios with cracked bios???