xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Should I Ftp With My Xbox?  (Read 269 times)

Blumpkin

• Archived User
How Should I Ftp With My Xbox?
« on: January 16, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

I tried that and I got nothing.  I've got my Xbox hooked up through a router and the router assigned my Xbox an IP of 192.168.1.101 which sucks because it always chops the end off leaving me with 192.168.1.1 which is the same as the default gateway.  I don't know WTF to do now.  Any suggestions? sad.gif

hompie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

I did exactly this but when I try to open xbox in explorer it says I have no authorisation to open this map.
What am I doing wrong?
excuse my english..........

KAGE13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

i'm having the exact same problem.  is there a setting in windows XP that i'm missing?

Roadkiller

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (xbox11334 @ Nov 12 2003, 02:30 AM)
I choose mapping hard drives becuz it's in the layout of a folder and it's very easy to use, flash fxp only lets u use it for thirty days before having to buy it and is a little more annoying

http://www.xbox-scen...cles/map-xp.php to map hds with windows xp

tell me if this helps

This mapping harddrive instruction doesn't work for my win XP and xbox.  I did exactly in the instruction below.  Anybody can help me out.

spacefrog

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 03:27:00 AM »

Flash FXP isnt the only ftp client around, there are free ones out there. I think smart ftp is free.

FTP clients are better because you have more features, such as queues!! and 'transfer as' which is allowing you to for example shorten a filename as you send the file and keeping the original filename intact on your pc.

flyingtorrents

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

followed the guide and it works, don't know why so many people can't get it to work, so simple tongue.gif  tongue.gif

xbox11334

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 04:30:00 PM »

I choose mapping hard drives becuz it's in the layout of a folder and it's very easy to use, flash fxp only lets u use it for thirty days before having to buy it and is a little more annoying

http://www.xbox-scen...cles/map-xp.php to map hds with windows xp

tell me if this helps