xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where Do I Find Xbox files?  (Read 725 times)

Xboxohaye

• Archived User
Where Do I Find Xbox files?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2002, 08:47:00 PM »

When I made my FAQ entry regarding 'Evox Bios/Dash' I didn't expect to have so many questions about it, so I have taken the liberty of writing a short tutorial about getting started on mIRC.

Getting mIRC
Using 'Google', or a decent search engine search for 'mirc' there will be plenty of links, use one and download the chat thing that it will talk about.  Install and open.  

Setting up mIRC
The first time you run your IRC client program you have to fill in some information about yourself, such as, your Internet address and the IRC server with which you want to connect. Your client may also have a section for you to specify the Port, Password, Real name, Email address, Nickname(s), IP address and Local Host name. These options are usually found under the File/Options/ menu. Don't get overwhelmed by the massive amount of options most clients offer; just fill in these basics and it will work.

It's usually best to try and connect to a geographically close server, even though that may not always be the best. Local (nearby) servers will normally work faster for you and will give you unrestricted access. You can always ask for suggestions on nearby server addresses when you log on to IRC.

Connecting to a channel
Once all of the above is sorted out, you should be ready to connect, click the connect button which is located as a little 'lightning' icon underneath the file list at the top of the page.  Once connected, assuming you have no nickname conflicts, you will be given a channel selection box with a number of available channels.  For xbins type 'xbins' for anything else you can research that on your own.

Using mIRC
Well, I judging by the amount of e-mails and PM's I have recieved some people are not that 'experimental' shall we say.  If you want to learn the full capabilities of mIRC, use the comprehensive 'help' functions.  Finally, when you actually get into xbins, use the '!list' command to display a list of ftp's available at that time, the amount of files on offer by the xbins ftp is commendable.

Thanks goes to mIRC for allowing me to copy and paste, thanks guys!

I hope this helps people, I'm not used to this many special requests, I'm not a moderator!  Please no more e-mails asking me where to get games!

TeMpTeD biggrin.gif

Feldy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2003, 03:36:00 PM »

i had the same problem(finding EvoX) try searching google or yahoo they will get u some sites with EvoX. i just downloaded it(EvoX) today!!!

Bucsfan97

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2003, 08:51:00 PM »

Extreme n00b & it took me 1 hour to figure out.
Get an IRC client (MIRC) trial
Get a FTP Client (SmartFTP) freeware & fully functional
choose EFNet for (IRC Network)
(( DON'T ENTER YOUR REAL PERSONAL INFO ))
hit connect & wait about 15 seconds
type this in the bottom of the window /join #xbins

new window opens up w/ "#xbins" in the box
now ask for FTP info by typing /msg xbins !list

now there should be 3 tabs in the switchbar at the top of screen
click on the on that says xbins
read that info closely

Now open SmartFTP (you can leave default settings)
click on the local browser button and navigate to where you want the DL to go
now enter the info you got from the xbins (bot) address, login, password, port

Now just browse the server and get EvoX and other stuff you need
just remember the limits the xbins bot tells you...
That's it!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This post has been edited by Chancer: Feb 26 2006, 08:07 PM

bakin1

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »

Is there a certain port you have to forward in your router settings to logon to the ftp server.  Im using a micrsoft wireless router.  flashfxp says "connection failed(connection timed out)", smartftp says "no response from server".  Thanks

ps2wiz

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »

Port 21
You need it for to be open/forwarded if you are using NAT.

yournightmare

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »

You don't even need to download mIRC.  You can just go to http://www.macsat.com/xbins/index.html and use the Web-based IRC client.  It automatically puts you in the channel you need to be in.
Pages: 1 [2]