xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Is There A Boot Disc For The Xbox?  (Read 793 times)

Bumbico

• Archived User
Is There A Boot Disc For The Xbox?
« on: January 19, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

Is this the only way to restoring the factory settings? A friend of mine was doing the Audio/Mech Assault Exploit and when he got to the part in which you were supposed to put a Audio CD in. I opened the CD tray, it popped half way. Went back in and now everytime my Xbox is on W/ or W/O a CD I just get the startup screen with Xbox LOGO and it goes straight to the "Xbox Needs Service" screen. I can't get my Xbox to work again. Any help will be really appreciated....  :(   <

Shibathedog

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

i once saw a site (it may have been here, but im guessing NO) that showed you how to reformat your Xbox HDD based on the serial on the bottom and showed some screenshots too, i have been looking all day for it and i cant find it again and i really want to see it. You pressed some buttons on your controller while in the System Info or whatever screen and it sayed all data will be lost do you want to continue? and if you picked yes it would reformat, and it told you all the error codes and how to get your reformat code from xbox techinitions on the phone (hehe) it may have been on the Xbox linux site but i havent seen it there either

can anyone please find this site for me?  <

nihilistic

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »

I think you're talking about this one:

http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/FormatAdminCode  <

DeadManRotting

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

HOw do you get your hands on one of these disks? I think this might be what I need to fix my problem  <

Shibathedog

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »

nah that wasnt it, it had a bunch of codes on it, ill try to get my code though :P I need a US 1.5 code in specific if anyone wants to save me some time

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

I just wanted to add that some rental shops use these discs, I used to work @ the biggest one, er.. you know the name...

Anyways, after a console is rented, this disc is that fastest way to put it back in original order.

Its green and it says "xbox hardware refresh disc", and something to the effect.
"this disc resets the hard disk, deletes saves, soundtracks, and settings"

there is another one too, that is REAL RARE, says "xbox repair and refurbishment"

"test equipment boot loader utility", man I was I had that one!

veschar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 01:14:00 AM »

is this a signed boot disk that runs without "xboxdash.xbe"?  i renamed my file to something that the bios doesnt boot to and it just goes to the "customer service in several languages" screen ;P would be nice to know that i can just pop in a disk.

RESMONKEY2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

Only MS might have soemthing signed like that, like an original boot disk.

ares-x-

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

i think i should pick one of thoughs up.. thanks for the post.. thanks much muhaha.gif

S&MBikeCo.

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Dec 10 2003, 10:26 PM)
The MS Disks are official XBOX disks.. they run fine on UNMODDED boxes.

It's a RMA Dept System Restore Disk... they use them when people send their units in to be fixed.  They rarely check and investigate your box.. they look at the noted problem.. replace parts.. and bot this disk to wipe your drive and place it back to default.

how do I get one?

headhntrthx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »

I saw a supposed one for sale on EBAY. Could not believe it and never tookit any farther. I guess I should have inquired with the seller, but I figured it was another scam.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »

Just to update this FAQ, some people refer to a disc with EvoX on it as an EvoX boot disc.  However, this is only a utility disc.  You still need a mod to boot it.

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »

or you could do the AUF TSOP flash...

M3_DeL

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2002, 01:53:00 PM »

I have heard this asked several times and I have seen files on server that claim they are a Xbox boot disc.

There is no boot disc. In order to play back-up Xbox games you must have installed some sort of Mod-Chip. What is a Mod-Chip you say??? find out in the what is a mod chip F.A.Q.

-M3                                    

dtechlogic

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2003, 09:11:00 AM »

There is no boot disk available.

When they say boot disk.  They are talking about the the CDRW or DVRW that they have created with all the files you need to have on a xbox. For example you have boxplorer evox x, xcommander,xbmp,xbmc,avalaunch,etc... on the cd so they derived with the conclusion of ccalling it a boot disk because what it does it that it boot when you have in the xbox. Well i hope some did understand it now.
Pages: [1] 2