xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Reset Switch  (Read 1981 times)

Twopecker

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2002, 12:17:00 PM »

I was actually impressed with the shipping...I was expecting a switch in an enveloped.  two envelopes, one padded....I dont think much would happen to that little switch.

badmonkey

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2002, 10:52:00 AM »

Just modded my memory card, and I must say excellent idea. Dunno why anyone would do it to the controller instead. I got my switch out of an old psx mega memory card. Figured these would be the obvious choice for fitting into a memory card. smile.gif Anyway these can be found pretty cheap used at EB's and Gamestops.

Hidden

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (ferrell @ Sep 28 2002, 12:25 AM)
Well, I took Gunr's advice and put a reset switch in my MS memory card. The switch is tiny and sits flush inside the casing of the memory card. No accidental resets, yet the button is very easy to press with a liight push of a fingernail. I'm quite pleased with the result, and was able to pick up a whole boatload of these switches. I'll be selling them at cost if anyone is interested. Please see webpage for details.

To see the entire installation process with pics go here...

http://www24.brinkst...411gb/reset.htm

or

http://411gb.50megs.com/reset.htm

(Lets see how long it takes for the servers to shut down )

If anyone wants to donate server space, PLEASE PM me!

ferrell

Very well done, thanks for the great pics.

-st

Yea thanks

_ASIC_

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2002, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (opjose @ Sep 30 2002, 01:26 PM)
But that is a great reply.

This begs the question: Is the Xbox made to accept AV changes on the fly?

I sorta doubt that the AV connectors are optically or otherwise isolated to prevent damage to the Xbox's IC's...

So the "fear factor" still stands....

I'm in agreement with you there, but must admit, the reset button would be nice.

What other options are there for a remote reset button? Any thoughts?

opjose

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2002, 06:18:00 PM »

The big question is if MS actually brought the reset strobe line out from the CPU itself. Given that they didn't want the CPU reset, this is unlikely (but still possible).

The Eject switch seems to work via a maskable interrupt, since a hung processor defeats it.

It wouldn't be too difficult to find this out as the lines are pretty well documented from the CPU (thanks Intel!).

If were were -REALLY- lucky there would be a set of jumper holes on the boards that when bridged force a reset. The actual reset is normally isolated by a debounce circuit of some form.

In turn this could be wired up for a -SAFE- remote reset.

Hmmm... I don't have any Xboxes to mod at the moment but I may check into this on the next one I'm tasked with.

_ASIC_

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2002, 09:10:00 AM »

OK. What about just going parallel with the the eject button on the xbox?

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2002, 09:51:00 PM »

i kno, i mean split the xbox's reset button, but that wouldnt be neat, you'd need a custom cable, or sacrifice a controller for its cable to it looks good. But it would be a nice mod.

bjork

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2002, 11:23:00 PM »

oh yeah, NOW i got my pay per views!

gtata

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2002, 09:46:00 PM »

Gunr, im interested in this switch, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
George T

whoadizzle

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2002, 10:08:00 PM »

damn i think i got the wrong switch for this mod

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2002, 10:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (gtata @ Oct 25 2002, 09:39 PM)
Gunr, im interested in this switch, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks
George T

I saw that you PM'd me today, I responded and let you know that I am not the one who was selling the switches.  Go back through the thread and find out who is the right person ask.

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2002, 11:48:00 PM »

Yeah "go trough all this forum, and one day you shall seek the person who sells them, good luck, farewell, becareful of the black monsters in your journey" wtf just say FERREL

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »

Back off GTac01!  I was not the one wanting the switch, I didn't know who was selling them, why should I have to go back through the thread to find out who the right person was?  He was the one asking, he can go back through and find the right one!  Besides, I didn't tell him to search the "forum", I said search the "thread", big difference.

Posted by: Gunr  Oct 27 2002, 03:56 AM

Back off GTac01!  I was not the one wanting the switch, I didn't know who was selling them, why should I have to go back through the thread to find out who the right person was?  He was the one asking, he can go back through and find the right one!  Besides, I didn't tell him to search the "forum", I said search the "thread", big difference.

vulgusprofanum

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2002, 06:41:00 PM »

Wow, I gotta try this.  It sure beats my sytem of stabbing the box with a seven foot dowel!
By the way:
user posted image blink.gif

N00bvin

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2002, 07:52:00 AM »

I'm not sure to laugh or not.  I'm repulsed, yet snickering.  I'm going to hell.

muhaha.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6