xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Reset Switch  (Read 1985 times)

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2002, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (ferrell @ Sep 26 2002, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (N00bvin @ Sep 26 2002, 10:57 AM)
...made a hole with my trusty dremel (which my wife keeps calling Doraemon for some reason), and ta-da, new reset switch.

LOL! Doraemon? Incidentally, my wife calls the Dremmel "momma's little helper" whatever that means...

You sure that's a Dremel you've got there? How many D size batteries does it take! laugh.gif  beerchug.gif

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2002, 04:31:00 PM »

I am not sure what guage I used, I just stole some solid copper wire from an extra piece of CAT-5 Lan cable that I had laying around.                                    

ferrell

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2002, 06:32:00 PM »

Well, I took Gunr's http://xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=6134&s=514ba7193898073e3e6e3208dd21aad3 and put a reset switch in my MS memory card. The switch is tiny and sits flush inside the casing of the memory card. No accidental resets, yet the button is very easy to press with a liight push of a fingernail. I'm quite pleased with the result, and was able to pick up a whole boatload of these switches. I'll be selling them at cost if anyone is interested. Please see webpage for details.

user posted image

To see the entire installation process with pics go here...

http://www24.brinkster.com/411gb/reset.htm

or

http://411gb.50megs.com/reset.htm

(Lets see how long it takes for the servers to shut down tongue.gif)

If anyone wants to donate server space, PLEASE PM me!

ferrell

Posted by: ferrell  Sep 28 2002, 01:32 AM

Well, I took Gunr's http://xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=6134&s=514ba7193898073e3e6e3208dd21aad3 and put a reset switch in my MS memory card. The switch is tiny and sits flush inside the casing of the memory card. No accidental resets, yet the button is very easy to press with a liight push of a fingernail. I'm quite pleased with the result, and was able to pick up a whole boatload of these switches. I'll be selling them at cost if anyone is interested. Please see webpage for details.

user posted image

To see the entire installation process with pics go here...

http://www24.brinkster.com/411gb/reset.htm

or

http://411gb.50megs.com/reset.htm

(Lets see how long it takes for the servers to shut down tongue.gif)

If anyone wants to donate server space, PLEASE PM me!

ferrell

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2002, 06:56:00 PM »

hey if u use paypal ill buy one of those switches right now.

ferrell

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2002, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Sep 28 2002, 12:49 AM)
hey if u use paypal ill buy one of those switches right now.

Well, since I have premier account, paypal's gonna charge me $0.30 for each transaction. Since I'l be providing the postage and envelope, let's make it an even $2.00 shipped for anyone who wants to pay with paypal.

If you want a switch, and want to pay via paypal, please PM me for my paypal email account.

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2002, 08:30:00 PM »

ferrell, yours turned out awsome!  That switch I found was the smallest they had that I could find at Radio Shack.  I am glad that I inspired this, mine was just thrown together to see if it would work, I knew there would be some good looking ones showing up sooner or later.

N00bvin

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2002, 06:17:00 AM »

Gunr... it's all you bro for making the catch... THIS is the kind of stuff we need!!!

Ferrell is "gifted" in the ways of creating!  ...which was shown with his HDD setup! smile.gif

opjose

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2002, 02:00:00 AM »

This is a great idea, however I have a concern about this...

Does anyone know if these lines actually bring out the CPU "reset" strobe lines?

While possible it's fairly unlikely that this is the case. Given that, what is actually causing the CPU reset? A ground short? Ugh not good if that is the case.

Does anyone actually know?

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2002, 12:00:00 PM »

It simulates the changing of video modes.  Say while the Xbox is running, you remove the standard A/V cable and plug in the HiDef pack, it will reboot the xbox into the new mode.  With this reset mod, it grounds the pin at the A/V connector on the MB, making it think that a new type of connector was installed and it reboots.  I don't think this should harm anything, that is my personal opinion though, I am not an electronics genius.

opjose

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2002, 03:26:00 PM »

But that is a great reply.

This begs the question: Is the Xbox made to accept AV changes on the fly?

I sorta doubt that the AV connectors are optically or otherwise isolated to prevent damage to the Xbox's IC's...

So the "fear factor" still stands....

Twopecker

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2002, 11:16:00 AM »

just wanted to give a shout out to ferrel......i got my switch in the mail from him today.  Works PERFECT.

ferrell

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2002, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (Twopecker @ Oct 4 2002, 05:09 PM)
just wanted to give a shout out to ferrel......i got my switch in the mail from him today.  Works PERFECT.

Got any pics? I'm curious to see how yours turned out!

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2002, 06:30:00 PM »

i got mine also!!! thanks!!!
i wanna do this so bad im gonna do some stuff right now. to the controller, i got 2, hehe. Thanks!!

ferrell

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2002, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Oct 5 2002, 12:23 AM)
i got mine also!!! thanks!!!
i wanna do this so bad im gonna do some stuff right now. to the controller, i got 2, hehe. Thanks!!

Hey, how did the packaging handle the cross country trip?

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2002, 10:02:00 PM »

perfect, everything perfect, now... the only problem is.... i CANT SOLDER!!. darn, hehe, im gonna do it to the controller, im gonna put the button outside, and im gonna use the mem car's points. lets see how it does.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6