xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Reset Switch  (Read 1992 times)

kkattfish

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2002, 12:37:00 AM »

Drew826 Posted on Sep 23 2002, 08:53 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i would love to ask them so many questions and play with them, but by now there's prolly a satellite over me, and bill gates is lookking at my Ballz.

hahahaha. check it out live at http://www.gtacsballz.com  

hahahah   laugh.gif  laugh.gif

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2002, 06:25:00 AM »

crap                                    

N00bvin

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2002, 06:54:00 AM »

You may have gotten a better response if you didn't sound like such an idiot talking to the rep.

You start off, saying that they aren't going to be able to help you... why should they?  They make work for M$, but they're people trying to do a job and not answer some punk kids question about a wire he CUT!?

Why would you even expect them to answer that question?  You've proven once again what a dumbass you can be. dry.gif

deka

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2002, 03:24:00 PM »

All dumbasses aside, I still think M$ has some plan for that wire. It's the only logical explanation. Even IF the wire was there for no reason, why would MadCatz waste their time soldering that same yellow wire to their memory card? It just seems strange to me. In lieu of that, My skepticism tells me to hold off on this project for a little while...                                      

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2002, 05:02:00 PM »

Still, right now, a reset switch is more useful than a wire doing nothing.  There are a couple things that you could do to modify this hack even further, one is put a switch in the Xbox to select between "Original yellow wire mode" or "reset mode".  You could always change it back to the way it was, or use the yellow wire that is still functional off of a controller plugged into ports 2-4!  It really is about personal customization, being able to do whatever we want to the hardware to suit our own needs.  That is what's fun about all this!                                    

majik655

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2002, 10:58:00 PM »

Question.

Say you JUST do the xbox console part and NOT the controller "yet"

does everything still work?

Meaning say you left out the memory card/controller mods..
will everything still work ok?  

x-power

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2002, 07:43:00 AM »

WARNING: Poeples with "YELLOW" wire at the back of the motherboard xbox "ARE THE NEW XBOX v2"

Which mean they "can't  be chip it"
unstill new modchip v2 are made

x-power

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2002, 08:12:00 AM »

also the Yellow wire is to transfter your IP (xbox live) number over the net alot quicker but also they can see what you have on the xbox hard drive & memory card.

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2002, 10:08:00 AM »

x-power:  What are you talking about?  We are talking about the yellow wire in the game pad/port, not a wire at the back of a the motherboard, and this definitely has nothing to do with the so called "New Xbox v2".  Please read the whole thread before commenting!                                    

x-power

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2002, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Sep 24 2002, 03:56 AM)
WTF DO THESE ASSHOLES THINK THEY ARE, FUCKIG GARBAGE!!

( ME has joined )
( Brijesh has joined )
ME: hey
Brijesh: Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support, my name is Brijesh. How may I help you?
ME: whats the yellow wire in the xbox, that is connected from the memcard, to controller, and goes down to the xbox.
ME: i cut that wire and nothing at all has changed
ME: yeah yeha i know, u dont knwo about this
ME: of course
ME: like always
Brijesh: Why would you cut a wire on the Xbox.
ME: i cut it in an extension cable for the xbox controller, that i bought to test this out, i also opened the whole system and saw that it was an extra form all the usb wires, and thats it goes even to the mem card, so i cut it, and everything still works fine
ME: as i thought
ME: is there gonna be any use for this at all?
ME: its a waste
Brijesh: What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?
ME: te prove that the yellow wire doesnt do ANYthing
Brijesh: Is there anything else I can help you with?
ME: i want you to tell me why the yellow wire is there
ME: or you dont know anything as always, justa awaste of my time?
Brijesh: We do not know we are not technical support.
Brijesh: Please note that these chats are recorded as well with your IP address. If you continue this you will be classified as a disruptive chat and this chat will be taken to our management where they may take legal action on you and also contact your Internet Provider to take action also
Brijesh: http://www.xbox.com/termsofuse.htm
ME: should have said it earier, whats this then?
ME: hmmm... that oage tells me nothin about a yellow wire
ME: page*
Brijesh: I hope that you have found our session today helpful.For your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links. Thank you for using Xbox Interactive Online Support. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again.
( ME has exited )

sorry heehe laugh.gif
i was talking about this guy : GTac01

O.K !! Reset Switch hmmm not bad idea!! pop.gif

Posted by: x-power  Sep 25 2002, 11:12 PM

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Sep 24 2002, 03:56 AM)
WTF DO THESE ASSHOLES THINK THEY ARE, FUCKIG GARBAGE!!

( ME has joined )
( Brijesh has joined )
ME: hey
Brijesh: Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support, my name is Brijesh. How may I help you?
ME: whats the yellow wire in the xbox, that is connected from the memcard, to controller, and goes down to the xbox.
ME: i cut that wire and nothing at all has changed
ME: yeah yeha i know, u dont knwo about this
ME: of course
ME: like always
Brijesh: Why would you cut a wire on the Xbox.
ME: i cut it in an extension cable for the xbox controller, that i bought to test this out, i also opened the whole system and saw that it was an extra form all the usb wires, and thats it goes even to the mem card, so i cut it, and everything still works fine
ME: as i thought
ME: is there gonna be any use for this at all?
ME: its a waste
Brijesh: What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?
ME: te prove that the yellow wire doesnt do ANYthing
Brijesh: Is there anything else I can help you with?
ME: i want you to tell me why the yellow wire is there
ME: or you dont know anything as always, justa awaste of my time?
Brijesh: We do not know we are not technical support.
Brijesh: Please note that these chats are recorded as well with your IP address. If you continue this you will be classified as a disruptive chat and this chat will be taken to our management where they may take legal action on you and also contact your Internet Provider to take action also
Brijesh: http://www.xbox.com/termsofuse.htm
ME: should have said it earier, whats this then?
ME: hmmm... that oage tells me nothin about a yellow wire
ME: page*
Brijesh: I hope that you have found our session today helpful.For your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links. Thank you for using Xbox Interactive Online Support. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again.
( ME has exited )

sorry heehe laugh.gif
i was talking about this guy : GTac01

O.K !! Reset Switch hmmm not bad idea!! pop.gif

N00bvin

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2002, 05:04:00 AM »

Just completed this job... used a momentary switch from an old controller I had laying around (cut the switch out of the PCB)... used an M$ Memory card, because there was quite a lot of room on top... made a hole with my trusty dremel (which my wife keeps calling Doraemon for some reason), and ta-da, new reset switch.

Now, I had already had the inside mod done as part of a controller reset switch I had done earlier, so that wasn't a problem.  This is better, just so I can use ANY controller in port 1... I use an S-Controller, and all my friends use the Big-Un, so "yes" it makes a difference to me.  It's just a cool little project too.

As a side note, I have Tekki (Steel Battalion), and as far as I can tell, it still makes no difference not having the yellow wire hooked up.  What IS that yellow wire for?  I've heard Pen Light... but huh?  I'm sure I'll find out what it's for one day the hard way... but for now, my lazy ass will enjoy the reset button! beerchug.gif

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2002, 06:44:00 AM »

i kno, besides, if that Magical pen ever comes, or whatever, connect it to controller port 2-4!!!                                    

ferrell

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2002, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Sep 26 2002, 10:57 AM)
...made a hole with my trusty dremel (which my wife keeps calling Doraemon for some reason), and ta-da, new reset switch.

LOL! Doraemon? Incidentally, my wife calls the Dremmel "momma's little helper" whatever that means...

majik655

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2002, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (ferrell @ Sep 26 2002, 04:51 PM)

LOL! Doraemon? Incidentally, my wife calls the Dremmel "momma's little helper" whatever that means...

HAHA  thats hillarious  smile.gif

majik655

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2002, 01:27:00 PM »

Can anyone please state what guage of wire to use?

1. What guage of wire in the xbox for the one connection in there.

2. what guage of wire in the memory card or controller ??

30 guage?  hopefully we can use bigger lol  smile.gif

THANK YOU!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6