xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Reset Switch  (Read 1991 times)

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2002, 08:37:00 PM »

Think I missed something also...flew right over my head!....wait yeh he is right, you still have to enable this process to work inside the Xbox itself.

Should have my Mod down tomorrow or so it seems using the standard Xbox supplied mem card with a switch at the top.

Posted by: Dark Schneider  Sep 24 2002, 03:37 AM

Think I missed something also...flew right over my head!....wait yeh he is right, you still have to enable this process to work inside the Xbox itself.

Should have my Mod down tomorrow or so it seems using the standard Xbox supplied mem card with a switch at the top.

Gunr

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2002, 08:39:00 PM »

I quote from my original post:

"I liked the idea about adding a reset switch to your game controller, and I followed the great tutorial put out by the Xboxmod08 team for modding the internals of the Xbox for this to work."

Notice that I stated that I modded the "internals of the xbox" you still have to cut the yellow wire inside the Xbox on port one and jump it to whichever point on the video connector on the motherboard to make this mod work.  Follow the tutorial for putting a reset switch in your game controller for the instructions on modding the Xbox, which you can find in the tutorials section of xbox-scene.  I figured this mod out so that I could use any controller I wanted, with the modded memory card of course.                                    

kkattfish

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2002, 08:40:00 PM »

brilliant, i never use my memory card either i now see a use for it other than collecting dust.  way to go bro!!!                                    

bearauto

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2002, 08:54:00 PM »

Ah ok...will check it out, thank you very much.                                    

deka

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2002, 09:33:00 PM »

Excellent Find....Very well done.

I must say, I find it very hard to believe that M$ conveniently place an extra wire in the controller. Which so happens to be used by memory cards too. Out of curiosity, has anyone completed the reset switch project (Controller or Memory Card) while testing the XBL service? Maybe the headset or the encrypted memory card uses that wire for something.                                      

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2002, 09:44:00 PM »

WTF DO THESE ASSHOLES THINK THEY ARE, FUCKIG GARBAGE!!

( ME has joined )
 ( Brijesh has joined )
ME: hey
Brijesh: Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support, my name is Brijesh. How may I help you?
ME: whats the yellow wire in the xbox, that is connected from the memcard, to controller, and goes down to the xbox.
ME: i cut that wire and nothing at all has changed
ME: yeah yeha i know, u dont knwo about this
ME: of course
ME: like always
Brijesh: Why would you cut a wire on the Xbox.
ME: i cut it in an extension cable for the xbox controller, that i bought to test this out, i also opened the whole system and saw that it was an extra form all the usb wires, and thats it goes even to the mem card, so i cut it, and everything still works fine
ME: as i thought
ME: is there gonna be any use for this at all?
ME: its a waste
Brijesh: What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?
ME: te prove that the yellow wire doesnt do ANYthing
Brijesh: Is there anything else I can help you with?
ME: i want you to tell me why the yellow wire is there
ME: or you dont know anything as always, justa awaste of my time?
Brijesh: We do not know we are not technical support.
Brijesh: Please note that these chats are recorded as well with your IP address. If you continue this you will be classified as a disruptive chat and this chat will be taken to our management where they may take legal action on you and also contact your Internet Provider to take action also
Brijesh: http://www.xbox.com/termsofuse.htm
ME: should have said it earier, whats this then?
ME: hmmm... that oage tells me nothin about a yellow wire
ME: page*
Brijesh: I hope that you have found our session today helpful.For your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links. Thank you for using Xbox Interactive Online Support. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again.
 ( ME has exited )

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2002, 09:56:00 PM »

MOFOS!!!! ppl like this designe dthe xbox?!!!

( hOLA has joined )
 ( Patrick has joined )
hOLA: hey
hOLA: sup
Patrick: Hello and welcome to Xbox interactive online chat support! How may I help you today?
hOLA: whats the yellow wire for?, i asked this question earlier and the guy freaked out, and hung up on me, what kind of service is this?, anyways, ive cut an extension cable and say that there is a yellow wire, so i cut it, since i know it was extra, and everything works fine still
hOLA: the wir ethat even goes to the mem card
hOLA: like i thought it still works perfect of course, but my question is will there be a functionality for this in the future, or is it just to confuse or whatever
Patrick: I don't understand why you would willingly cut this wire.
hOLA: because im a technician, and i go by logic, and use logic, and that yellow wire isnt logic
hOLA: hello?
hOLA: same thing like the other guy, do you ahve an answer?
Patrick: Then if you're a technician, then you would know cutting wires and altering parts of your Xbox without checking any form of schematic or consulting the Technical Support department first is a rather precarious way to damage your equipment.
Patrick: If you want the answer as to the use of that wire that you've cut, you'll have to consult with our Technical Support department.
hOLA: what is this by the way then?
hOLA: gaming support?
Patrick: We're here for general (pre-sales) Xbox questions, game release info and some Xbox.com site navigation.
hOLA: ooohhh, should have known you dont knkow anything because of that, thanks btw, and sorry!
Patrick: You're welcome!
Patrick: I hope that you have found our session today helpful.For your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links. Thank you for using Xbox Interactive Online Support. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again.
hOLA: whats the technical support contact
Patrick: . You can contact them toll-free @ 1 -800-4MY-XBOX ( 1-800-469-9269 ). It is open from 9am to 1am, eastern standard time, 7 days a week.
 ( hOLA has exited )

BTW, i aint calling that number                                    

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2002, 09:58:00 PM »

they dont know anything about this that they are so horrified i cut a wire????, then they must be dying when they see what im doing it for.                                      

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2002, 10:25:00 PM »

danm, theyr all the same robot, they say the same stuff and are trained to stop talking to you after you say you painted a heart on your xbox, since thats a modification, and its totally forbidded by god. They also take forever to copy and paste the same lines of text they always use, you gotta see how lowng they take to tell you "please call costumer service" i ha dthe feeling the quire was jacking off while i talked. They suck, i just wanna see what the famous technical info number will tell me.                                    

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »

i would love to ask them so many questions and play with them, but by now there's prolly a satellite over me, and bill gates is lookking at my Ballz.                                    

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2002, 10:45:00 PM »

i bet you bill gats wouldnt know what that wire is for !!! hahahahha!!! laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

deka

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2002, 10:47:00 PM »

Jesus Christ-

Quit spamming the fucking boards man!                                    

GTac01

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2002, 10:48:00 PM »

danm i was trying to help, sorry, i thouught this was an open discussion.                                    

deka

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2002, 10:59:00 PM »

Yes, but 6 posts in a row? You could of easily made that into one post. Your discussions with XBCS were useless for us to see anyway. It wasen't informative whatsoever. I'm not trying to take anything out on you but I see spam no matter what forum I go to. It just drives me nuts.

Posted by: deka  Sep 24 2002, 05:59 AM

Yes, but 6 posts in a row? You could of easily made that into one post. Your discussions with XBCS were useless for us to see anyway. It wasen't informative whatsoever. I'm not trying to take anything out on you but I see spam no matter what forum I go to. It just drives me nuts.

Drew826

• Archived User
Reset Switch
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2002, 11:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (GTac01 @ Sep 24 2002, 12:28 AM)
i would love to ask them so many questions and play with them, but by now there's prolly a satellite over me, and bill gates is lookking at my Ballz.

hahahaha. check it out live at http://www.gtacsballz.com  laugh.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6