xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flash Tsop Failed, What To Do? Modchip Or Something?  (Read 273 times)

sowa99

• Archived User
Flash Tsop Failed, What To Do? Modchip Or Something?
« on: August 06, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

hi. best method for now is just buy any LPC modchip.. They are very cheap and you can still get them (aladdin i.e) and soldering isn't that hard...

Second option is to buy some 32 pins flash memory and wire it to motherboard but this is sooooo ugly..

you can disolder TSOP flash and reprogram it on external programmer (no, you can't use this one for eeprom), but you need some skills and some "non cheap" hardware to do that.

There is no way (i mean not released to public) to reprogram empty TSOP flash in the system.

So you have 3 real options. But belive me, first option is the best for you

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »

you could try a 3 wire mod to boot from only part of the tsop.
you could use the evo x d6 bios to re flash the tsop if you can borrow a lpc based chip like the duox 2 (with 2 banks) .
you could make a 29 wire mod to flash the tsop.
or you could buy a mod chip and call it a day. <--- Reccomended

(but you know all this because i told you that in a diferent forum when you asked there)

also a 256k bios can be used on a 1mb tsop you just have to write the same data 4x to populate the 1mb..
and an eeprom reader will do nothing for your tsop. the eeprom reader is used to get or change the password the xbox uses to unlock the hard disk, the tsop stores the bios. (they are 2 diferent chips)

AtlantaMods

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »

the cromwell linux bios is just a legal bios so no one gets into trouble put the bois update on a cd or dvd and make shore the update is 512 and use a 3 or 4 meg junk file to put on there to help do you can do it

shambles1980

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »

i know you fixed this because we fixed it on the other forum lol..

Search here for the d6 tsop bios tutorial though,..